Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hiya gang

Any idea on part numbers or where i can get myself a set for the front, need to do my discs, think i have a warped front right disc.

I'm under the impression these bolts are a 1 time only use.

Are you wanting the caliper bracket mounting bolts ( the big 17mm ones that fasten the bracket to the hub) or the smaller bolts that fasten the caliper to the slide pins?

Personally I've not heard either were single use,always reused mine and torqued to specified tightness without problems.

Also don't use the hammer off method on the discs, there are 2 threaded holes in them so get a couple of suitable thread high tensile bolts and wind them in gradually and evenly.This will pop the disc off without resorting to a hammer.

The 17mm ones that hold the caliper to the hub yes indeed. According to Lexus manual they are a non reusable item.

And I have had a bolt snap on a motorcycle caliper when i reused it a few years ago so that's why I'm cautious.

What size are the threaded holes you mention to pop the disc off ?

This documents shows what i mean about the bolts. Front Brake Components.pdf

Part number comes up as below with a strange description?

47710A BOLT,HEXAGON (FOR FRONT DISC CALIPER)

90105-14151 BENCH TYPE REAR SET BACK,W/TONNEAU COVER-1.5PX10-40 4 £5.75

PM me your address details and I'll send you the correct bolts.

post-12144-0-73474700-1360967544.jpg

Don't need the removal bolts or new caliper bolts thanks mate, the disc came off without any hitting or kicking so that was fine. Pads came out nice and simple as well.

The bad bit is the new disc's, removed the caliper and held it up safe on an old axle stand to protect the hoses from damage, disc came away easy as i said, cleaned the area and new disc with brake cleaner, offered the disc up and it fitted on the wheel studs, Gave it a spin to check for noise on the bearing as I thought I had a problem with it, but it spun fine. Held disc in place with 2 wheel lugs while i attempted to put the caliper on.

That's where the fun started, the caliper is binding on the rear of the disc when i started to fasten the holding bolts, so had a faff about to see it anything was out of place, nothing seemed wrong, put the old disc back on and re-offered the caliper up and no binding, so to ease my mind i tried the new disc again, and it binds on the caliper.

So I rang Sutton Auto Parts and they assure me it is a direct replacement part and they have sold 2 other sets without issue, easy to claim that I thought.

So any idea's apart from the new disc is not correct part despite it saying so on the disc box.

That is weird, so you have metal to metal contact with the caliper and the disc?

Where exactly is it making contact?

Even though it says LS430 on the box they could be wrong, beef could be horsemeat :D

Was out yesterday evening so could not do any answering or checking.

The car is back together as it was but with new pads as needed to use it last night.

When i was doing the job, the pads were out of the caliper but it was still attached, with the original disc on it spun nicely and no contact, caliper removed and new disc on held by couple of lugs, caliper was catching on the rear face were the pads go onto the inner edge of the disc.

I'm busy today, got inlaws over for lunch today so won't be looking.

If i get time tomorrow i will remove the original disc and do a side by side comparison with the new disc to see if i can spot any differences as Bookend suggested.

Was out yesterday evening so could not do any answering or checking.

The car is back together as it was but with new pads as needed to use it last night.

When i was doing the job, the pads were out of the caliper but it was still attached, with the original disc on it spun nicely and no contact, caliper removed and new disc on held by couple of lugs, caliper was catching on the rear face were the pads go onto the inner edge of the disc.

I'm busy today, got inlaws over for lunch today so won't be looking.

If i get time tomorrow i will remove the original disc and do a side by side comparison with the new disc to see if i can spot any differences as Bookend suggested.

Hi Chris

I went to Kwick Fit once because they had a replace your pads for life deal and they needed to replace the front disks. They tried third party components and could not get them to fit - they eventually had to fit Lexus original parts for the same price (after a fuss). These days I use EBC disks and Green stuff pads and never have a problem.

Bren

Ok the issue is all sorted, the EBC discs i was sold were marked as Ls430 front discs, i assumed they were correct and i didn't look at the part number also written in small on the label, that said 43512-50130 which turns out to be the part number for Ls400 front discs, when doing a side by side comparison, the disc from my car was about 5mm thinner in total than the new part which maybe explains why it was catching the back edge of the caliper.

They have got new discs today after an early morning chat, and i collected them on the way home from work, this time the box says Ls430 and OE part number 43512-50230 which is the correct part as per Lexus. They are still EBC and i will have a crack at putting them on at the weekend.

So who made the error of putting wrong stickers on boxes me thinks

Part number comes up as below with a strange description?

47710A BOLT,HEXAGON (FOR FRONT DISC CALIPER)

90105-14151 BENCH TYPE REAR SET BACK,W/TONNEAU COVER-1.5PX10-40 4 £5.75

PM me your address details and I'll send you the correct bolts.

post-12144-0-73474700-1360967544.jpg

Well, seeing that picture of the disc is interesting. Because my 1994 LS has its wheel bearing thrust plate and nut on the back, with the bearing pressed into the steering knuckle. (Be thankful - yours is much easier to change.) Also, I don't have the two hex-headed bolts, rather two flat-headed bolts with a crosspoint recess, for which I can see two spare holes on the picture.

Don't need the removal bolts or new caliper bolts thanks mate, the disc came off without any hitting or kicking so that was fine. Pads came out nice and simple as well.

The bad bit is the new disc's, removed the caliper and held it up safe on an old axle stand to protect the hoses from damage, disc came away easy as i said, cleaned the area and new disc with brake cleaner, offered the disc up and it fitted on the wheel studs, Gave it a spin to check for noise on the bearing as I thought I had a problem with it, but it spun fine. Held disc in place with 2 wheel lugs while i attempted to put the caliper on.

That's where the fun started, the caliper is binding on the rear of the disc when i started to fasten the holding bolts, so had a faff about to see it anything was out of place, nothing seemed wrong, put the old disc back on and re-offered the caliper up and no binding, so to ease my mind i tried the new disc again, and it binds on the caliper.

So I rang Sutton Auto Parts and they assure me it is a direct replacement part and they have sold 2 other sets without issue, easy to claim that I thought.

So any idea's apart from the new disc is not correct part despite it saying so on the disc box.

"No one else has complained" "never been asked before" "no call for it today" don't it just make you sick instead of saying, "let me check this out for you sir" "I will contact head office and see if they have an answer" "I have some more in the stores so let me go and check" Of course they don't have to do any of it but it would make you feel so much better and keep you thinking clearer rather than annoyed at being treated as though you have just got out of a space ship. Good luck hope you sort it. Mike

Hmm Bulwell branch by any chance?

Absolutely.

The people that work there have a combined IQ of less then an amoeba, and that's being kind, as for customer service, i think Saddam Hussain would be better.

Hmm Bulwell branch by any chance?

Absolutely.

The people that work there have a combined IQ of less then an amoeba, and that's being kind, as for customer service, i think Saddam Hussain would be better.

Love it. Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links