Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can anyone answer this question? I may be stating the bleeding obvious, but will the wheel-rims off a '56 is220d, fit my '98 LS400? I've got the chance on a good deal on 4 wheels,( with the tyres,Pirellis) and would like to fit my tyres to them ( mine are 225/60/16) appreciate some advice on this,thanks.

I tried different wheels on my Mk3 and discovered that although stud patterns were the same not many would clear the big brake calipers. If you are able to do a test fit before purchase I would strongly advise that you do to avoid having to sell them on.

Fingers crossed for you.

Actually the Is200 wheels on wheeler dealers won't fit Mk3 or Mk4 due to the size of the calipers. However I have no idea if '56 is220 alloys would clear the calipers. The one on wheeler dealers was a mk2 if memory serves and again if memory serves the calipers are different on the Mk1 & 2's but I'm happy to be corrected.

I'm only going from experience having bought genuine Lexus alloys that would fit Mk1 & 2's but not clear my calipers on my Mk3. Hence my suggestion of a test fit if at all possible. Its a shame as I really liked some of the is200 & gs300 alloys.

Actually the Is200 wheels on wheeler dealers won't fit Mk3 or Mk4 due to the size of the calipers. However I have no idea if '56 is220 alloys would clear the calipers. The one on wheeler dealers was a mk2 if memory serves and again if memory serves the calipers are different on the Mk1 & 2's but I'm happy to be corrected.

I'm only going from experience having bought genuine Lexus alloys that would fit Mk1 & 2's but not clear my calipers on my Mk3. Hence my suggestion of a test fit if at all possible. Its a shame as I really liked some of the is200 & gs300 alloys.

Hi you are correct the 200 wheels fit a mark1 & 2 ucf10 but not ucf20 mark3 & 4's. Rochford wheels & tyres know which aftermarket wheels fit a mark 4. Dotz racing type r 5 spoke do as I have a set for mine. 245 45 18.

What year 200 wheels as a matter of interest?

Is it possible they were later wheels that someone had put on a 200?

Are your calipers the normal 4 pot ones or has your Mk4 been refitted with after market ones?

Have you got a picture of your wheels on the Mk4?

Oh just thought, have you had to use spacers?

What a disapointing morning,met the seller of his ls220 wheels a short while ago, he was very cool about me trying a couple of his wheels on my LS400, -no dice, your right about the caliper issue, it was millimetres that prevented them fitting properly, such a shame, really nice wheels, (4) set of serviceable Pirellis on them,-guy is really laid-back and straight, I was almost tempted to buy them anyway, can I get spacers anyone?.....

Anything more than a few mm is a bad idea spacers wise in my opinion, not good for bearings. You also have possible problems as Mark mentioned.

I never really liked the Dhp alloys until I saw them on my car, now I love them as they set it off beautifully. Plus they fit on with no bother :-)

Spent the afternoon tying to source longer studs-mo luck so far, also beginning to wonder how difficult removing original studs from the hubs would be in the first place-80,000 miles, and 15 years...Mmm...could be problematic.

call me old fashioned but I preferred it like this, and as I bought it ......... just wish it looked as clean today :whistling:

Malc

Difficult to choose which, they both look good, nice looking car, most cars look good in silver. Mike.

• Like 1

It's very silver in real life too ................ can't for the life of me see where there's any aspect to green at all !

Maybe my dotage and eyesight, it's only 20/20 vision most of the time.

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links