Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Part Worn Tyres Is220D

khal327

You can use what you like as long as they are legal. There will be no issue with any sensors.

Have you looked at a budget tyre instead like a Falken or Avon. Much safer than part worn...you just don't know what those tyres have gone through...punctures, under inflated running for miles etc etc.

As above.

Part worns may have unseen defects such as cord damage from going up and down kerbs, also if you buy part worns with 5mm tread remaining you only actually have 3.4mm until they are down to the 1.6mm legal limit assuming they wear evenly.

Also you will need to replace part worns more often doubling your fitting and balancing costs.

Just buy the best new you can afford there are some decent safe budget brands.

Thank you for all your replies regarding this. A mechanic at a local garage told me about the sensors( a mechanic i will avoid from now on). I was a bit concerned after reading some horror stories about part worn tyres and have decided to order some nexen n8000 £76 each fitted. I hope these do the job as i don't do many miles.