Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stone Chip Is Cracking

Yh I cover on my insurance, I just curious and I want it to be done right!

Panya, I'm totally in agreeance with you. I want my Lexus to remain as good as when it was first put on the road, but with the windscreen, if it needs to be replaced, Lexus won't import a screen from Japan, they'll use local dealers, Lexus won't replace the Lexus stickers you currently have, assuming you've still got the original screen.

Autoglass did a brilliant job of my screen.

Yh I cover on my insurance, I just curious and I want it to be done right!

Panya, I'm totally in agreeance with you. I want my Lexus to remain as good as when it was first put on the road, but with the windscreen, if it needs to be replaced, Lexus won't import a screen from Japan, they'll use local dealers, Lexus won't replace the Lexus stickers you currently have, assuming you've still got the original screen.

Autoglass did a brilliant job of my screen.

More over, Lexus won't do anything except take your money. They'll just call Autoglass, or similar, and have them fit it, and then charge you double the cost for the pleasure

Ok just a one more question, would u take your car to lexus and have a windscreen fitted , if you have that money to blow around!, cos I'm in that situation. Please don't be negative I just wanna honest answer thank you :)

Unlikely to be nothing - most policies have an excess (£50, £60, £75 typically). As for Lexus approved - it doesn't get you anything. Firstly, if there's a problem with the new screen (for example, it leaks) Lexus won't rectify it, because they didn't fit it. Your warranty will be with the replacement company that they subbed the work out to. Secondly, if you want "Lexus Approved", and they use Autoglass, for example, surely then Autoglass are "Lexus Approved"?

I have my service booked in 27 so I may have a chat with them, hi Matt but do u actually get lexus stamped glass or just different make, If i go with lexus ?

As I've already explained, the glass is all made in the same place. The only difference is some glass has the dealer logo printed on it, and some doesn't, depending on who it's ear marked for. Replacement companies cannot supply glass with a dealer logo on it, unless the glass was bought in from a dealer. I've had BMW door glasses before, that have had the BMW logo etched off, since there was a shortage of 3 series (E36) door glasses at one time, when a whole bunch (several batches) were all printed with BMW logo's by mistake, leaving none for the replacement co's. So the required quantity were sent to the dealer network, and the rest had the logo's were ground off the remainder, so as to be sent to the replacement co's. Exactly the same glass, from exactly the same manufacturer, just sans logo.

You can demand to have a dealer screen when using the likes of Autoglass, for example, through your insurance company. However, it's up to the insurance company if they decide to charge you the difference in cost between a dealer stamped screen and a non dealer stamped screen. Some do, some don't. I once had a guy demand a dealer stamped screen for his Porsche - until he was told that he'd have to pay nearly £300 instead of his £60 excess, because of the difference in price. He very quickly accepted the non dealer stamped glass

Ok just a one more question, would u take your car to lexus and have a windscreen fitted , if you have that money to blow around!, cos I'm in that situation. Please don't be negative I just wanna honest answer thank you :)

No, it's an old car and as the windscreen company are likely to put in the same screen, what is the advantage? Save your money for a good night out.

I think if lexus can provide me the same glass with the logo on it , I will probably do it, so like I say before I may hav a chat with them first and will let u guys know bout the progress.

In all honesty I would be inclined to trust auto glass more than Lexus. Who knows what firm Lexus will sub the work out to. Could be a bunch of local cowboys for all you know. I really really can't understand your obsession with having Lexus stamped on your windscreen and using a main dealer. And if you went through Lexus and the screen was fitted poorly and it leaked for example, Lexus will hold their hands up and say we didn't carry out the work, your problem is with the firm we contracted it to. Just seems as tho you want to give Lexus £400! Go through your insurance, your premium won't be affected and you give your insurance company enough money per year so let them pay for it.

I think if lexus can provide me the same glass with the logo on it , I will probably do it, so like I say before I may hav a chat with them first and will let u guys know bout the progress.

It is good to be in a position where the cost is not an issue to you. But even at the meet on Sunday 5th May, we're not goi g to be chcking if everyone has windows stamped. The only person who will know, is you. I think you'll regret spending the extra £320 when you realise how insignificant it is.

Stuart.

Having a branded windscreen makes your car no more looked after than mine. As I said, it's good that you're in a position where cost is not an issue, but you could save yourself a lot of money and the job will be done to the same standard, if not better!?! Autoglass know what they are doing. Lexus will contract out, probably to Autoglass . . !?!

Had the catback exhaust replaced completely as it turned out the people who did it didnt do a particularly good job. Still looks more or less the same just not as loud. Might get it made a bit louder again eventually. Apart from maintaining (cambelt and water pump will be soon) i havent really done anything to it. I do however have a genuine C-West front bumper that will be going on but depends when i have the money spare to get it done.

P.s to the OP, sorry about the thread hijack ;-)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links