Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any Isf Owners In The North West?

Only ever seen one other on the road and that was in a car park of a Company I was visiting in Egham. Co-incidently it was the same colour as mine too (Cadoxton Slate).

I live in the Isle of Man (almost the North West!) and at this point in time am destined never to see another on the road........as far as I'm aware I own the only ISF on the island.

I live in Cheshire and the only ones I have seen moving are the two I test drove from the dealerships in Chester and Stoke. Mind you, I don't get out much these days; only 6-7000 miles per year.

There is another red one around here somewhere. I saw it in the workshops at Lexus Chester when it was having a major overhaul. The service guy I talked to said it had been one of the original press fleet and had experienced a somewhat tough life. I seem to remember him saying they were doing a lot of warrenty work on it for a customer. That was about 18 months ago, so it may have moved on since.

Howmanyleft.co.uk says there were 214 registered and 3 SORN at the end of 2012. The dealers have about 9 on sale, so where are the others hiding?

Hi, I live near Bolton and have a white one.Had it since September but my wife`s putting more miles on it than me. A blue one caught me up on the M61 the other Sunday morning but I had to be a bit careful as I had my kids in the back....

I think the rarity is part of the appeal.There`s 2 M3`s on my estate, and an RS4 in the car park across from where I work but I rarely see ISF`s.

Yip, sounds like my car.Not seen any other white ones around here.Wifey works in Westhoughton so she uses it during the day.She`s going away with her mates tonight and asked if she could take the ISF.I said only if she finds a hotel with an underground car park and pays her own fuel!

• 1 month later...

I live near Warrington and have an ISF, Cadoxton Slate for almost two years and still have not seen another on the road!

The only other I saw was when they first came out in 2008 in the Bolton dealership.

I live near Warrington and have an ISF, Cadoxton Slate for almost two years and still have not seen another on the road!

The only other I saw was when they first came out in 2008 in the Bolton dealership.

Hi and welcome to the club. I've still not seen another on the road either. Now they have stopped making them there aren't going to be anymore so they will only become rarer.

Thanks Stevet, is that true, are they not making any more even with the new body style?

I want to change to the late 2011 model withe the revised suspension and instruments etc when I can afford it.

Would like Cadoxton Slate again but there are not usually more than about 10 of any colour for sale at any one time.

Thanks Stevet, is that true, are they not making any more even with the new body style?

I want to change to the late 2011 model withe the revised suspension and instruments etc when I can afford it.

Would like Cadoxton Slate again but there are not usually more than about 10 of any colour for sale at any one time.

Looks like the 5 Ltr F will only be a coupe in the new shape, for a 4 door they are making a GSF

Lets hope the ISF will become a future classic collector.

Don't forget to update your member car listing.

• 1 month later...

i am a first time poster here, possibly looking at changing my BMW E39 ///M5 for an IS-F.

I've been looking at all the ads that I can find, and there are 24 cars currenly for sale in the UK. 4 of those are Cadoxton Slate, and there's not a single red one for sale anywhere!

They seem to arrive in colour batches. There were quite a few red ones registered by dealers on the 10 plate and then when the blue arrived later that year we saw most of the 61 and 11s in that colour. Silver seemed popular at dealers after that. I don't know if those were the ones that nobody wanted and so hung around and got gradually discounted

I'm glad I bought when I did; red is the only colour for me.

I've just seen a very nice looking May 2013 in Mercury Grey at Leicester, with less than 1000 miles. Its on for £44950, so realistically you could get it for £43000, as they also have a blue one to shift with the same age and spec. That has to be considered a bargain.

In 4+ years of looking most weeks, I've only ever seen 2 grey ones. Anybody know what the story is behind them, as I've not seen them in brochures?

There's also a Mercury Grey one at Lexus Cardiff (CE13OAA), also 2013 and also priced at £44,950 (down from £45,950). It's advertised on PistonHeads, but not on the Lexus UK site. That, and the one in Leicester, are the only ones I've seen in Mercury Grey.

I have driven 2 others & seen 2 others on the road.

Driven the 2008 ex.Top Gear Red ISF & an extended test in an Open Road 2011 Black ISF.

An early Silver ISF traveled in the opposite direction to me 500 yards from my home & ,in Vegas,took a photo of an ISF that had 14 Spoke Wheels,Red trim,& Ti -Grey Paint.

Genuine enthusiastic reactions to my car continue with investigative "interviews" in " Sea-side Car parks & a Petrol Station near Stratford the latest.

Superb.

Tel

"I think the rarity is part of the appeal"

Dead right IMHO !

But I would be concerned about the people available here competent enough to service and maintain such a wonderful machine.

Steve, just to get this absolutely clear.

Are you saying that you believe that there will be no more IS-Fs?

Argento

"I think the rarity is part of the appeal"

Dead right IMHO !

But I would be concerned about the people available here competent enough to service and maintain such a wonderful machine.

Steve, just to get this absolutely clear.

Are you saying that you believe that there will be no more IS-Fs?

Argento

None planned for the near future, just rumours of an IS Coupe F and GS-F.

I wouldn't worry about servicing. The engines and gearbox's are bullet proof and most else just standard IS parts. Many in the USA over 100k miles without problems.

There are only 200 in the UK so grab one while you can!

• 4 months later...