Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Sc Sightings

Agonyuncle

• 1 month later...

I just looked in may garage.... There is one in there..... Black with ivory leather.... I drove it inbto a pig farm a few months ago after hitting a flood on the road so everything but the roof has been re sprayed.. Looks like new..

The only thing that annoys me is being a Black car you have to clean it properly otherwise an hour later after the water dries it looks awful. I have started using an "expensive" shampoo that promises not to leave streaks after it dries. It looked pretty good the once I used it so far.

Certainly my newly painted Black alloys are a lot easier to clean - or at least look dirt free.

The only thing that annoys me is being a Black car you have to clean it properly otherwise an hour later after the water dries it looks awful. I have started using an "expensive" shampoo that promises not to leave streaks after it dries. It looked pretty good the once I used it so far.

Certainly my newly painted Black alloys are a lot easier to clean - or at least look dirt free.

Yes mine is black.. looks great after a polish but when washing you have to very very careful and not let it dry in anyway before rinsing. washing on a hot day is pointless unless your going to add polish. That's what I have found

. I agree too that some car washes are a lot better than others. Cheap ones don't do the job at all.

Little tip for those with dark cars invest in some Autoglym HD or a product called duck smart - quick detailer great stuff, my OH runs his own mobile valeting business has been trading 10 years and knows his stuff, our car being navy blue gleams in fact when it snowed we were the only car to have no snow on it as it would just slide straight off again lol. Oh and never use the hand car wash people they use diluted truck wash, will spray TFR in direct sunlight - this will ruin the paintwork over years, they also use the same cloths over and over again to keep cost down, always use a clean cloth on each panel of the car - one small tiny bit of grit and you'll end up swirly forever!!!

Anyway back on subject - sightings, I see a gold with cream leather coming off Canvey Island last week - the first one I have seen on the road :)

• 1 year later...

Last week I saw a bright red one heading towards Emsworth in Hampshire, and tonight I saw a dark blue one with the top down at Catherington in Hampshire. The only SC430's I have ever seen on the road. Both looked fantastic.

• 1 month later...

Theres a couple in and around Long Eaton where i work. Had a lovely looking Red SC follow me along the M1 from J25 Yesterday afternoon. Even got a wave from him :)

Caught up with a Gold m1 a few weeks ago on the way back from lincoln a few weeks ago on the A46. Both of us had our roofs down and making the most of the sun.

There is a black mk2 that lives in long eaton (don't want to give his address out!) with the Reg P14 DEY.

I love spotting others out and about, Especially when there owners get as excited as i do to see another owner :D

• 3 weeks later...

Shall have to get myself educated on how to spot difference between Mk 1 + 2!!

Am getting tempted to return to Lexus (SC430 now) after 2+1/2 years gap (LS400 Ser 3+4)

Fancy a 6 speed SC430 ideally.

Want something smaller than a Limo, but miss the HP!

Now all I need to do is sell the El Grand.

(http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/nissan/elgrand/nissan-el-grand-highway-star-e51/2626575)

Nearest I could get to Lexus quality!

Their is a big difference between a MK 1 (5) and a Mk 2 (6) they are not the same car. Not even close.

It doesn't sound much, slightly different suspension, 6 gears with pre select, Bluetooth, LED rear lights etc..etc ..

But its a completely different car and the real improvement is the gearbox for sure.

Auto boxes are usually crap, slow, thirsty and average. But the 6 speed box on the 430Sc is a delight. In terms of fuel economy or flexibility its a dream. Came back from Light Water Valley today had to overtake on A roads and it made it soooooo easy.

Love this car...

PS just done 410 miles on this tank full... Brilliant.. car.

• 3 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links