Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello, New To Lexus And New To The Club

Danny W

Hiya, thought i'd introduce myself as i've just bought a 1999 lexus is200

I've been a member on a few forums but as this is my first Lexus i might need pointing in the right direction :)

The car is a silver is200, 1999, covered just over 62k but had failed the mot last week.

I picked it up quite cheap today at £500 from a local lad who's been using the car daily for the past year.

I'm hoping to work through the fail sheet and get the car back upto standard and on the road :)

photo33.jpg
photo34.jpg

Hello and welcome to the club. Looks a bargain does that, if you need any parts drop me a pm. Ive just broke an is200 and got a few bits to shift cheap to members of loc.

Hello, thanks for the warm welcome. i'll probably be dropping you a pm once ive had a proper go over the car to see what i want to tidy up :)

it failed on a few things, but hopefully it shouldnt cost me to much to replace and fit things myself

failure sheet was

-nsf tyre below minimum tread depth

-front brake pads below 1.5mm

-nsf brake binding

-front (joint) exhaust has major leak of exhaust gasses

-exhaust emissions lambda reading after 2nd fast idle out of specified limits

advisories

-RBT front brake imbalance 25%

-nearside rear indicator slightly discoloured

-nearside front anti roll bar linkage slightly distorted

-offside front anti roll bar linkage slightly distorted

-rear exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gasses

-front brakes only just met the front brake imbalance requirements. needs adjustment or repair

I'm fairly handy with tools and cars, so im thinking of giving the calipers an overhaul, new disks & pads all round.

have a look at the exhaust system, wether the joint isn't sealed or if it requires a new section

& give the engine a service to hopefully sort the emissions.

such a nice car to drive though and the interior is a lovely place to be, has full leathers, heated seats, air con, 6 disk cd changer etc. world apart from the vauxhalls im used to lol

edit: car only came with one 'master key' whats the best route to go down if i want to get a spare ?

Mine only had one key. I was more than happy to pay Lexus £160.00 to get the key and do the work. Apparently it can be done by anyone.

Is the 1999 the first year? It's a very nice looking car. You'll get the car fixed real quick.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, just an update with the car.

Kept the is200 up untill 2 weeks ago when i decided to part ex it for something a little newer.

Last pic of The is200

648FC739-C803-4564-927A-EA5BA2B175D3_zps

Ended up coming home with an '06 is250 :) to say im happy with it is an understatement such a comfy car to drive.

I'm the third owner of this car and it comes with full Lexus service history, on 89k

7B408719-E64F-4D35-B718-B7438AA75D39_zps

99609168-BC2F-438F-81A0-44A9084E0354_zps

Yep thats correct, its the SE-L.

The 200 went through mot no problem and was a great car for the price.

Im interested in fitting a few extra's to the 250 if anyone can point me in the right direction of suppliers or topics on here.

I want to fit a rear boot spoiler (the ducktail type) and im also interested in the front & rear lips for the bumpers.

are they aftermarket or were they a lexus option?