Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sc430 - To Buy Or Not To Buy?

Hi Guys,

I have owned 2 x GS300's in the past and am a massive fan of the lexus brand, today my partner and I went and drove a 2002 '52' SC430 from local lexus dealer with 64k on the the clock, my current weekend car is a 2001 S500 Merc, which is a fantastic car, but succumbing to rust, and a little bored of it after almost 4 years!

The SC430 is offered at just over 9k (advertised on website for 10k) with half of the balance on 0% finance (don't need this but seems silly to refuse) now up until this point I just wanted to get a feel for the SC as not many around locally, but after driving it and them offering a grand off without me even asking and the 0% it has sparked my interest. I am not really certain for 9k as still a fair chunk of money for an 11 year old car, but wondering if I could get another grand off (cheeky but maybe possible as they seemed very keen) would this be a good buy? (lexus approved with warranty etc, 2 owner car with Lexus SH)

Let me know your thoughts, also is there anything I should look out for or push for in the deal?

No harm in trying to get sme more money off.

We have an SC manly as my weekend car and given the age it does still turn heads and people are interested because of the rarity.

I love the way it quietly goes about its business and when you need it the V8 will giv you more than enough grunt.

It's a shame the weather isn't good enough for you to get the roof down and take it for a spin

I have a 2002, had it for 2 years, no major problems at all. Would thoroughly recommend it. Nothing really to look out for, car is pretty bullet proof. Certainly push for more money off, as the V8 is juicy (probably better than a SL500 though :) ), don't expect to break into the 30 MPG unless you're doing a long run, and expect sub 20 MPG around town.

It sounds a bit overpriced to me,have a look on Autotrader and there are several of the same year and similar mileage with FLSH in the 6.5-7K range.

Ok the one you have seen is approved Lexus but is it worth an extra 4k?

Like the one below.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201244490671644/sort/default/usedcars/model/sc/make/lexus/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/postcode/de554bd/quicksearch/true/radius/1500/page/1?logcode=p

Ok done the deal at £8200, with £5k of the balance at 0%. Think this is a reasonable amount considering the drive of the car and the peace of mind with the warranty and general prep that the garage are promising, e.g its having a replacement set of alloys due to corrosion, and all cosmetics rectified etc, so don't think its a bad deal. Saves me the hassle of trapsing round the UK to find another too - looking forward to picking it up next weekend - pics will be forthcoming.

Hi Guys,

I have owned 2 x GS300's in the past and am a massive fan of the lexus brand, today my partner and I went and drove a 2002 '52' SC430 from local lexus dealer with 64k on the the clock, my current weekend car is a 2001 S500 Merc, which is a fantastic car, but succumbing to rust, and a little bored of it after almost 4 years!

The SC430 is offered at just over 9k (advertised on website for 10k) with half of the balance on 0% finance (don't need this but seems silly to refuse) now up until this point I just wanted to get a feel for the SC as not many around locally, but after driving it and them offering a grand off without me even asking and the 0% it has sparked my interest. I am not really certain for 9k as still a fair chunk of money for an 11 year old car, but wondering if I could get another grand off (cheeky but maybe possible as they seemed very keen) would this be a good buy? (lexus approved with warranty etc, 2 owner car with Lexus SH)

Let me know your thoughts, also is there anything I should look out for or push for in the deal?

The £9000 is not far of the usual asking price. £8000 probabaly reasonable for one in good condition as you indicate. also the car will be in the lower tax bracket and to get one of them as a Mrk 2 (6 Speed Auto box) 430SC you have to go for one in late 2005.

Getting one of the early models also results in the pre modified suspension. Some people actaully prefer that I understand.

All in £9000 with a full Lexus warraunty from a Lexus dealer seems very fair.

Hello, I've just brought a 2002 52 reg too, mine had 2 previous owners, full lexus SH carried out every 10k miles without fail, all the paperwork showing hundreds have been spent on her also confirmed my high mileage was motorway miles, mines done double your mileage - I paid £7k. Enjoy :)

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a 2003 Absolute Red with 125000 miles on it for 13k last October.All services performed at Lexus [invoices included].

I had to fly to Austin,Tx to get it [i live in middle Tn].

Wife loves the car,,she drives an Rx daily driver.She had a SC300 years ago & it was a great car too.

Sum it up=I dont regret my purchase...personally I been driving Corvettes for 40 years..have a vert now ..love it too.

Lexus is the best quality car built in my opinion.

Have a great day!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links