Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Upgrades For Is200?

is153

Well first the v6 anit a duratec second the duratec eninge is a mazda eninge the same one in the mps thrid the is200 sport has better handling than the is300, also if I wanted a Scooby or evo or bmw dont you think I would have got one? Since there all around the same price on a 2000 plate :/

Also if I was looking for 0-60 times id jyst stick with my fiesta which has a gutless engine (fastford and performance fords quote) which stock power its running is low 7's which I can easily double its power and 250bhp in a 700kg car will rip most sports cars apart.

But I dont want a this to be a monster I just want a nice car with abit more power which dont say buy a bmw as there only driven by dicks that are in the outside lane far to close to the car in front of them lol which is true lol.

Anyone know the spec of the limited edition totoya rally is200? As I know mine was the same eninge just with a turbo fitted?

@Petay

It does mate! my previous car was a ford Cougar V6 which has similar official town and combined MPG figures as the IS200 and I am filling up the IS300 with the same amount i filled up the Cougar with on weekly basis if that gives you a clue.. oh and coming to your mates Type R, a Type R does have Torque but because it comes in at around 6000rpm that small tourque is being generated by the engine quicker because the engine is spinning faster at 6000rpm so power to the wheels will be more with help of gear ratios. bhp figure is derived from torque and if theType R can make 200bhp then the engine is certainly generating ample torque to the front wheels.

go

to see the 196NM torque Civic Type R vs the 320NM torque Turbo charged Focus ST. from the sound of the engine i can tell the Type R is not turbo'ed just the VTEC sound. as you can see the Civic is almost doubling that small torque figure because the engine is being spun faster. spin it fast and you can transmit that small tourque figure quicker to the wheels.

Civic vs Volvo don't you mean

Matt-c

I truly can't understand why with a turbo this 2.0 6 cylinder cant make 250bhp with a turbo? Work wise I can do it all my self ive been modding ford eninges ford 15 years with great success (mostly my own cars and people wanting some custom work done, which exhaust system wise with the zetec-r engine ive done better than piper miltek cosworth for performance)

B6t custom parts and wiring I can do easily just I wanted the stock engine other wise id just fit a zetec-r engine with a old school box and a supra diff.

Well first the v6 anit a duratec second the duratec eninge is a mazda eninge the same one in the mps thrid the is200 sport has better handling than the is300, also if I wanted a Scooby or evo or bmw dont you think I would have got one? Since there all around the same price on a 2000 plate :/

Also if I was looking for 0-60 times id jyst stick with my fiesta which has a gutless engine (fastford and performance fords quote) which stock power its running is low 7's which I can easily double its power and 250bhp in a 700kg car will rip most sports cars apart.

But I dont want a this to be a monster I just want a nice car with abit more power which dont say buy a bmw as there only driven by dicks that are in the outside lane far to close to the car in front of them lol which is true lol.

Anyone know the spec of the limited edition totoya rally is200? As I know mine was the same eninge just with a turbo fitted?

Ford Duratec V6 is a Porche desinged engine. if Mazda made the duratec engine its still a good thing Mazda knows how to build good engines. clue Mazda RX's .. last time i checked IS300 shared the same suspension part, height, double wishbone and had LSD which is the same as IS200 sport and last time i checked IS300 had a 54:46 front and back weight distribution. in other words a car cant get any more balanced than that maybe BMW but you will have to push the car hard to really notice. sounds like you contradicting your self here.. you want a bit more power but dont want an IS300, WRX ,BMW. dont want 0-60 performance but want a turbo IS200?? make up your mind bud either you want performance or you dont. Toyota 3S-GTE can be considered. light and powerful or maybe just get Mondeo ST220 and turbo it.

Well if you know is a porche eninge why say ford duratec? the design was sold off later and ford revised the head.

Its not its becuse ford owns apart of madza and down to eu emissions laws ford had to use a new engine and since mazda already that an enine to meet them thay just use them as is much cheaper than modding or designing a new eninge.

Is300 is heavyer and has automatic gearbox two things I dont want.

As said before if I different car I would have had one.

I want more power but not **** loads more, for me 150bhp in a 1300kg anit enough, for that weight I want around 250bhp. To give you an idea im used to cars thst are less than 900kgs with 170bhp so going to a 1300kgs car with only 150bhp to me I mite as well be on a 50cc moped. To put it an easyer way I wsnt bmw powrr in my Lexus! !!

Have you had a mk3 mondeo? I used to have one had there **** on every front.

had 1.25 zetec fiesta light weight and nippy from the Yamaha engine

had the 2.5 V6 aswell very capable car but the IS300 feels lighter and drives better than it. and it weighs 1500kg compared to the cougars weight of 1340kg if i could still remember.

Duratec V6 will always be a Porche designed engine mate. not fords if i design a shoe and sell it to you to print your name on it the shoe is still my design not yours. infact that engine had a Cosworth head am lead to believe. if you want around 250bhp from the 1G-FE engine then your solution is forced induction either Turbo route or Super charger route. if you dont mind me asking, which bmw powrr do you want in the Lex?

Im currently working on a fiesta mk4 with a 1.7 eninge (well when im better) its nippy but still gutless lol.

Is200 sport is 1360kgs lol and the stock is300 is 1500kgs thats an extra 140kgs in eninge and gearbox, if you have the styling its 1580kgs lol.

Sorry its this silly tablet lol, 330i sport at a very min.

IS300

211bhp, 288NM torque, weight 1500kg

power to weight 140bhp per ton

torque to weight 192 nm per ton

compression ratio 10:5.1

330i manual saloon

231, 300NM torque, weight 1505kg

power to weight 153bhp per ton

tourque to weight 199 nm per ton

compression ratio 10:2.1

as you can see, the manual BMW only has 13bhp and 7nm torque advantage over the auto IS but the IS has better compression ratio which means more mechanical energy could be extracted from the engine during every power stroke which closes this gap performance wise between the two cars even more. a 330Ci coupe has raced me before and the only time i couldn't keep up was on the very tight corners and i think this was due to me not using M mode to pick and choose my gears before entering a corner as the car was still new to me that time but when we got on a straight line, there was no difference between both cars and he couldn't loose me as our torque figures for both cars are pretty much even so he couldn't pull any faster than me. all am saying is the auto IS300 is very close to the BMW 330i performance than you really think. I know IS300 is def out in your books as its auto but its a capable when compared to the car you trying to get the IS200 performance to.

Look mate after all is said and done, boosting your 200 will cost a lot of money. If you have the money to blow then good for you and good luck :)

If however your not rich but you like the 1st gen IS, and you want it to be a bit quicker then sell your 200 and buy a 300.

• 4 months later...

If you wern't looking to spent as much as the supercharger kit or turbo conversion you might want to have a look at the is200 custom made induction kit listed on e bay at the moment, at first glance I actually thought it was a turbo conversion lol! Definately worth a look!

not much worth the effort & money on upgrading the power from IS200. you wont gain much either way.

supercharge or turbo can be done but its not cheap & after all that an IS300 will come & mess about with you!

to me a lexus has never been a fast performance car, they not suppose to be. the 200 is utter slow for the mpg it gives.

now the 300 ? a TOTAL different ball game. BEAST of an animal! still shocked what the car can do & make some high end performance cars look silly. .

its all about the IS300 if power from a lexus is what you need, in my opinion & for what they worth -