Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rust On My 2002 Ls430 .... Contact Lexus Uk

And if anybody from lexus thinks " oh great we have a lexus hater!!!"

You couldn't be more wrong the is the seventh I have owned, the other 6 were ls400

But please don't take the fact I am pointing out a fault, mean I am trying to stirr up trouble, I am just making peolpe aware of what they may have and that it can be fixed ..... Ta x

And if anybody from lexus thinks " oh great we have a lexus hater!!!"

You couldn't be more wrong the is the seventh I have owned, the other 6 were ls400

But please don't take the fact I am pointing out a fault, mean I am trying to stirr up trouble, I am just making peolpe aware of what they may have and that it can be fixed ..... Ta x

Thats what LOC Forum is all about. Carry on, Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Okay update time 4.4.12 ...... Mr lexus assessor came out to look at the car and was in agreement...

Car now being booked in for new Osf door NSF door and boot lid....

You try and get this from any other manufacturer after nearly 11 years ....

Goes to show just how good lexus actually are in every aspect ....

Okay update time 4.4.12 ...... Mr lexus assessor came out to look at the car and was in agreement...

Car now being booked in for new Osf door NSF door and boot lid....

You try and get this from any other manufacturer after nearly 11 years ....

Goes to show just how good lexus actually are in every aspect ....

Great result Paul - I had all my door cards off and have rust on all 4 so many thanks for the warnings. I will now engage and see if I can get them fixed. Did you go straight to Lexus or via a dealer?

Attached is a photo of my OS front door.

http://s1336.photobucket.com/user/snarler45/media/OSFDphoto_zps41d346ed.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

http://s1336.photobucket.com/user/snarler45/media/OSFDphoto_zps41d346ed.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Brendan, word to the wise..... They used the term perforation and because my drivers door hadn't gone from the inside to the outside YET they were not going to do it, but I calmly explained its only a matter of time before it does the same as the Ns door ...... You saw my pics on the Osf major rust but nothing externally. They did come to the party and say yes it may go through therefore we will replace both doors and boot. Just be warned the key word here is PERFORATION. A hole .

Brendan, word to the wise..... They used the term perforation and because my drivers door hadn't gone from the inside to the outside YET they were not going to do it, but I calmly explained its only a matter of time before it does the same as the Ns door ...... You saw my pics on the Osf major rust but nothing externally. They did come to the party and say yes it may go through therefore we will replace both doors and boot. Just be warned the key word here is PERFORATION. A hole .

Thanks Paul - I have some external rust on my OS driver's door but nothing external on the others, so I assume I'll get that done at least. My car was registered in Jan 2002 so it only has 8 months to rot through.

Bren

There cant be another company out there to put their hands up after 11/12 years and say yes its our problem, I can see many squirming away with their lawyers trying to find a get out. Well done Lexus just proves that its not just the cars that are 5 star and second to none but the company is as well.

Mike.

I have to tell you guys that mercedes dealers do the samething. My friend had rust on both drivers and passenger side doors, so mercedes not only put on brand new doors, but they resprayed the whole car.

Bloody hell 30 years body warranty on mercedes, so why are there so many rusty mercs around..... It's because the rust has to go inside out .... And they won't cover panels after 8 years.....lexus wins again !!!!

The 30yrs. warranty requires full MB service history and is for ''inside out'' corrosion which is demonstrably not the result of third party influence or external forces. Only a hand full of claims in the UK have been successful and only after the commencement of litigation so far as I understand it.

I haven't been impressed with Lexus rust warranty.

Some stupid dealer when they took the car in took it on themselves to drill into the body work to mount the number plates.

Now when contacting Lexus they told me this is done at the factory..so even though it left the factory with this ridiculous drilling and rust spreading around. they wouldn't cover it.

I haven't been impressed with Lexus rust warranty.

Some stupid dealer when they took the car in took it on themselves to drill into the body work to mount the number plates.

Now when contacting Lexus they told me this is done at the factory..so even though it left the factory with this ridiculous drilling and rust spreading around. they wouldn't cover it.

When you say 'Lexus" I assume you mean the dealer & if so I think they may be telling you porkies. Contact Lexus GB direct

• 3 weeks later...

Took car to Bodyshop yesterday , all good .

Small pin prick on the osr door 4 inches in about 3mm across. Bodyshop quoted a contribution of £30 initially, then emailed yesterday saying its £60 pics vat. I took all the door cards off twice for the Bodyshop for them to help them and save them time.

I am being unreasonable in complaining at the cost of the repair considering all I have done for them and the fact that they are going to be covering the pin prick dent anyway when blowing into the rear doors?? I feel a little insulted to be honest

Took car to Bodyshop yesterday , all good .

Small pin prick on the osr door 4 inches in about 3mm across. Bodyshop quoted a contribution of £30 initially, then emailed yesterday saying its £60 pics vat. I took all the door cards off twice for the Bodyshop for them to help them and save them time.

I am being unreasonable in complaining at the cost of the repair considering all I have done for them and the fact that they are going to be covering the pin prick dent anyway when blowing into the rear doors?? I feel a little insulted to be honest

Certainly not. The warranty states certain things and thats what you should receive and nothing more & less. Mike