Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rust On My 2002 Ls430 .... Contact Lexus Uk

Even though the dent is 3 to 4 inches away from the door they are replacing? Ie osr door and they are replacing the Osf amongst other things? It litterally about a mil deep abd 4mm across you can JUST it below in fact it a couple of inches in????

If you expect them to bear the responsibility of honouring the warranty you must also bear the responsibility of paying for work that is not covered by the warranty.

Following this story it looks like you have got one hell of a result don't spoil it over a £60 contribution. In the initial stages of the investigation you took the door cards off and you will be the first to admit in pursuit of the goal you have achieved. The dealership will be getting paid by Lexus for the work they have detailed namely replacement of corroded parts not other damage.do you really expect the dealership to pay for the work.

Fully understand what your saying .

My beef is probably the fact that the first quote I got off them, was £30 ..... NIW it's doubled... Being involved in the motor trade I know that to fill this dent would be no more than a very small, less than pea sized, bit of filler. My point is that if they are going to do all this work, why spoil it by not just put a bit of bog on the door .... Yeah if it was a scrape or a shopping trolley dent, fully understand but the size is minuscule in comparison .

Plus why's it doubled .... I just feel it's a principal thing here ..... I think most understand where I am coming from etc

i too think you have got a good result even paying £60 to get a repair on a10 yr old car,not many companys would do that, its a small price to pay to get your car back to a high standard,it does seem reasonable in my opinion

Yeah I suppose your right , just why double it? I don't know I suppose it's just me, I would simply fill it out of courtesy to be honest, but I suppose we aren't all the same ...,,,

I will see what reply I get ... Thankyou all for the input

Ok just had a reply from lexus .....

Good Morning,

I assessed the damage to the O/S/R door yesterday and there is more than a 'pin-prick' dent visible-there is also rippling to the door at the front edge area below the dent- however, I have been authorised by my General Manager to discount the repairs to a cost of £30.00 + VAT- if you wish to proceed with this repair please confirm via email

Good that's sorted then ..... Onwards and upwards

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links