Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400H Power Failure

ARDad

Any one had this problem? I was on holiday in Spain driving on the motorway doing 70-80 mph when vehicle lost all power. Luckily no one was injured I had 3 kids and partner in vehicle at time. Vehicle started again and drove for short distance and cut off again and displayed hybrid system fault. Had vehicle towed to Lexus dealers in Spain who diagnosed fault as hybrid converter and repair bill of 6000!! Absolutely gutted don't know what to do, would really appreciate help, advice,

• Like 1

Any one had this problem? I was on holiday in Spain driving on the motorway doing 70-80 mph when vehicle lost all power. Luckily no one was injured I had 3 kids and partner in vehicle at time. Vehicle started again and drove for short distance and cut off again and displayed hybrid system fault. Had vehicle towed to Lexus dealers in Spain who diagnosed fault as hybrid converter and repair bill of 6000!! Absolutely gutted don't know what to do, would really appreciate help, advice,

Well, I hope I am not raising false hopes BUT exactly the same fault arose on my 2008 RX400h.

Took it to Lexus Guildford who recognised the condition-----NOT as a Hybrid fault------but simply a standard 12 volt Battery intermittency. Lexus had already issued a 'new' bigger capacity Battery and that is what was fitted. Free of any charge.

We kept the car for another three years and it never occured again!

Over to you?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I had the exact same issue with my Lexus RX400h a few weeks ago. All power was suddenly lost (kids in car and just off M25 so lucky escape). It was kept in Lexus Twickenham for over a week before they sugested that it needed an Engine ECU at a cost of over £3000. That was after replacing the front speed sensors to find that this dodn't fix the issue. I wrote to UK Customer Services Director and got a standard letter back saying "tough luck".

This is a company with a history of failres and recalls and some suggestion that they've hidden known safety issues in the past. I have started a Facebook page to alow people to share their experiences of this nature. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lexussafetydangers/. I suspect that we are not alone and that more people will come forward with tales that might undermine some of the reputation they've built-up for safety and customer service excellence.