Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Wheel Bearing Kits

Sit

Afternoon

Picked up my IS200 yesterday and after a lengthy drive home and some use today i have identified the wheel bearings are up the shoot on the front. I am going to replace them as a pair and am intending to use Lexus parts - there are receipts with the car for 2/3 wheel bearing kits in the last 12 months from a Motor Factor type place, i am guessing they simply aren't upto the job hence the reason they were replaced on more than one occasion and why they are rumbling now.

Can anyone tell me what sort of price the wheel bearing kit is from Lexus??

Cheers

Si

Funny you should mention that, asked a friend to drive it last night and he said exactly that and thinks the tracking is out which has caused the tyres to wear unevenly which is causing the noise.

Popping down to local tyre place this morning to have it checked.

Cheers

Si

Thanks for the info chaps, been to local tyre centre and they identified the tracking is out which has caused the tyres to wear unevenly which in turn has caused the noise.

They also supported the garages claim that the wheel bearing was shot which is comforting, wheel bearing is being replaced tomorrow then back in for tracking and hopefully that's job done!!

Keep you posted

Si

Good to know u resolved it, i learnt that when i had my private work car, thought it was bearings, made lots rumbling noise, garage said change the tyres as bearings looked ok and it did the trick, stay away from dirty cheap brands. You can get genuine toyota bearings from eBay for a lot cheaper.