Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 250 Wheels

tomrich2

Hi ive recently curbed my wheel on my IS250 ive had someone out to re-furb however couldnt find the right colour code, ive been down to my local dealer and informed there is no colour code for the wheels even tho theyre a standard lexus paint ???? after a bit of research ive decided i think the code for my wheels is 11GY39 (lexus grey) i wondered if there is anyone who knows and can confirm this for me please ? have attached a picture. Thanks!!

post-46667-0-08282500-1364895931_thumb.j

• Like 1

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

It's very difficult to paint match the wheels from just a picture and I wouldn't like to say if the colour code is correct or not.

You should have a local auto paint retailer nearby who will be able to match and make the exact colour you need for a round £10.00 for a 400ml aerosol can as I obtained for my LS400.

post-12144-0-29556700-1364899258_thumb.j

It looks to me like your wheels are a non-standard colour and have previously been refurbished or painted that way at some point. I've certainly never seen that type of wheel in a dark colour before as standard, they're normally bright silver.

Following Steve's advice looks to be your best option.

TomRich, I'm very interested in the outcome of this.

Those wheels look remarkably like the factory fitted wheels on my MY2011 F-Sport.

I took a small 15mm scuff on the offside front rim last year.

Temporarily touched it up using paint from a Halfords Ford paint can.

Something like "Midnight Black metallic" ?

Did it so good, I can't remember/see wet it is now! Ha-ha.

Anyway, I'd like to get the proper paint to finish the job.

In the meantime. that idea to get a can made up for £10 seems like a really good idea.

Argento

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links