Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The menu button on my sat nav does not respond so i cant change the clock, i didnt get a cd rom with the unit , am wondering is this the cause, cd and radio work fine but no responce from menu button and booklet is no help?Ps how come we didnt get the hard drive system as in the states

Just tried my system.

If you take the CD out, then you are right the MENU button does not work.

I get a message saying to stick the MAP CD in when I hit the menu button.

So looks like your a bit stuck.

More than happy to cut you a copy of the CD (or is it DVD) I am not sure, as a replace costs £70+.

So let me know. I'll be on line most of today and tomorrow.

Pete

That would be great , didnt get back yesterday due to a hangover from hell , ifi can return the favor , workshop manual ? or pay you for it let me know.i will pm you my address.Thanks again

Just tried my system.

More than happy to cut you a copy of the CD (or is it DVD) I am not sure, as a replace costs £70+.

Pete

what version of the CD-ROM do you have ? I'm looking for an update 1 I have 2004-2005 think the latest is 2006-2007 for LS400 MK3?

I did not get disk ? my Ls is jan 2000 so any i guess .i am looking into getting Hard drive system from U S , or maybe dvd , i believe prius is a straight swap

Just tried my system.

Pete

what version of the CD-ROM do you have ? I'm looking for an update 1 I have 2004-2005 think the latest is 2006-2007 for LS400 MK3?

Luke,

I have a 98 disk.

I have just tried making a copy of the disk and it is good enough to get to the menu items, but it does not display the maps.

So looks like copying misses out some file or there is something else going on.

I do not have all the tools on my PC to really dig about with the file structures.

But to be honest the SAT NAV is a bit of a toy, as whenever I have tried to use it for it's intended purpose, it is a laugh and takes you all over the place. So I never really use it.

Also a laugh to see it get in a twist when it thinks I am driving through fields.

So sorry I cannot help.

I have been warned that copies of the disk you get on eBay are not worth getting as the maps can be unreachable.

But if anyone out there who is more tech savvy knows how to make a 'proper' copy do let me know.

Now after cleanin g the boot and cleaning the nav unit out poppex a lexus nav disk 98, put it in loggo faceing up , disk unreadable open door , put it in shinny up loggo down same, so going to get a cleaning disk to see if it helps.

Now after cleanin g the boot and cleaning the nav unit out poppex a lexus nav disk 98, put it in loggo faceing up , disk unreadable open door , put it in shinny up loggo down same, so going to get a cleaning disk to see if it helps.

Just my 2p worth, I know with merc especially you can't use an older sat nav than the year of your car manufacture, if your ls is a 2000 you will need a 2000 onwards cd, this is not 100% accurate maybe someone can confirm?