Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Arctic White V. F Sport White

ian103

It is quite normal for professional auto refinishing paint suppliers to have access to manufacturers paint codes and make up details. Halfords have some details of some paints but on the whole Halfords are lightweights in the field of auto body refinishing. A lot of the trade auto refinishers would go to companies like Hex holdings ltd or Q paints ltd. I would expect that these companies would be able to provide you with an answer as to what the precise diference is between the two paint codes.

• 3 weeks later...

I understand the dfifference between the two colours, its just a shame the car leasing company and the supplying dealer don't. Real bad start to the ownership of a Lexus. Can't wait to get rid of the car and haven't even taken delivery yet. Lexus never again!

I understand the dfifference between the two colours, its just a shame the car leasing company and the supplying dealer don't. Real bad start to the ownership of a Lexus. Can't wait to get rid of the car and haven't even taken delivery yet. Lexus never again!

I think I know what you mean. I live close to Lexus Cambridge and a visit to them almost convinced me that I didnt want anything to do with a Lexus if this was the type of treatment I would receive. The next nearest Lexus dealers are quite a distance away but I happened to be taking my wife on one of her shopping expeditions to the Galleria in Hatfield so i popped into Lexus Hatfield only to find a level of service at the top end of the scale. Even though it was a weekend and they were running with a reduced level of staff they strove to answer all of my questions with patience, politeness and enthusiasm.

I can see that there just aren't any Lexus dealers in Cornwall at all with all enquiries being dealt with in Devon at Exeter or Plymouth so if you are stuck with a "cambridge" Type Lexus dealer you dont have much choice other than to drive something else. I hope that delivery of the car makes up for the shortfalls you have witnessed to date Ian.

Its not the local dealers - the decision to have a Lexus was made because of how helpful the local dealer was and our past experiences with Toyota dealers generally.

Its a typical lease company arrangement - find the cheapest supplier and bingo. Given that they got the colour wrong, it makes we wonder what else is wrong.

Don't think our impression will ever recover especially after how the dealer has behaved, unfortunately we are at the stage we don't even want the car so I suspect things won't improve after delivery.

A real shame given that what should have been looking forward to a new car.

I believe that the f sport white is only available on the f sport model. Other models get the arctic white.

I appreciate that this does not confirm whether they are different shades of white, but at least it may help in the sense that, depending on which model you go for, there should onlly be one white version available.

Some more info.

f sport white is supposed to be flat white

arctic white is in fact arctic pearl and has a metallic sheen to is

It was f sport white we requested as its the f sport model. somewhere between the lease company and the dealer it became arctic pearl. My understanding is the arctic pearl has a very slight creamy tinge and is a pearl finish and the f sport white is 'brilliant' white but a metallic finish.

I'm sure the colour is OK but its not what was ordered, and arctic pearl wasn't 2nd or 3rd choice either so extremely disappointed. Sure the car will be OK but all enthusiasm and interest in it has gone which is a real pity for a £30k car that we should have been looking forward to. Only saving factor is that its cheap on the company car tax.

Car delivered this morning - everything else seems as per order with the car, delivery driver was excellent (independant firm).

The Lexus dealer hasn't even been in touch! Speaks volumes.

You should have ascertained who is at fault first and taken it from there. If you have written proof that the car was ordered in F Sport White and Lexus are supplying a different white then that would have been sufficient to get the ball rolling with Lexus GB.

I don't think there's anything you can do now since you've taken delivery. Enjoy the car.

we tried very hard to find out who had messed up, but as its a lease car through a company its not so easy. we have our suspicions but no one will admit what went wrong.

if it was a self purchase they'd have been told where to stick the car and we would definitely not have taken delivery.

in the end, unfortunately we had no option but to take delivery, but it has ruined what should have been a good experience.

just have to hope the colour grows on us as at present all we'ved done is back the car on the drive and locked it up, not even bothered to take it for a run out - not what you'd expect when a new car is delivered.

onwards and upwards, at least summer is coming!

If it is Arctic Pearl I hope you get to like it. I think it is gorgeous colour. Take it out at night and it has this lovely pearlescent quality under lighting. I've had many comments from other folk on how nice it looks.

it is arctic pearl, i hope so to as we've got the car for 3 years.

the colour just doesn't look that special - its not a bright colour and it appears dull - maybe we haven't seen it at its best yet.

Maybe, I doubt they couldn't have got that wrong!

I wanted something bright and different but I think solar yellow may have been a step too far for us.

In fairness today has been extremely bright and the paint looks OK in brilliant sunshine.

Yep there was one on the telly last night.....Alex Jones (The One Show) was wearing it. Wait a mo'.....nah that was a bright yellow summer dress.

Sorry....Friday pm humor and all that!!