Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bit Of A Sad Day For Me.....hopefully Only Temporary Though.

Just a little update for you Peter, I'm guessing the aircon was very poor in your care, hooked it up today and drew out 170g of gas which should of been 700g, the LPG conversion.... Where do I start with it? Nearly every LPG carrying pipe was loose to the point one of the rubber hoses twisted by hand, the LPG pipes from feed rail to LPG injectors are all perished (looks like non LPG approved hose. To me but can't say 100%) due to no marking on the pipe, once the pipes are changed and I get a little more time I'll get it on the computer see what's going on with it

Pete (sorry for the Peter reference before, auto correct on my phone)would have to confirm this bit not very old from memory, the installer has a bad reputation due to veing expensive and dragging work out,but is listed as both LPGA approved and council approved around these parts so gets quite a lot of work for those reason's alone

Pete (sorry for the Peter reference before, auto correct on my phone)would have to confirm this bit not very old from memory, the installer has a bad reputation due to veing expensive and dragging work out,but is listed as both LPGA approved and council approved around these parts so gets quite a lot of work for those reason's alone

Some body ought to inform the council what a pile of crap they are as for LPGA as long as you pay your membership payment anyone can join. Mike

You can gain LPGA status without ever converting a car! Makes perfect sense to everyone I'm sure, most insurance company's these days will take a certificate from a competent person, I've not know anyone to have issues with certificates I've produced

Some body ought to inform the council what a pile of crap they are as for LPGA as long as you pay your membership payment anyone can join. Mike

LPGUK is nothing more that a huge con played both on the fitters AND unbeknown by the fitters though them onto the public

2 or 3 of the big insurance company's use it as an excess to load premium's, but then 1 of the biggest insurance company last year refused to renew my insurance after 3 years with them simply because I'm a part time trader and they no longer wish to insure traders without business premises

2 or 3 of the big insurance company's use it as an excess to load premium's, but then 1 of the biggest insurance company last year refused to renew my insurance after 3 years with them simply because I'm a part time trader and they no longer wish to insure traders without business premises

Its the insurers (Churchill & the like) who set up the LPGUK Register So it pays them to insist that your LPG vehicle be registered.

They all need shooting! Be so much easier, even if the LPG world was regulated there would still be bad conversions, I've seen some car's for sale in my time with 12 months mot with bald tyres, bad breaks, broken exhausts, where money can change hands there will always be greed and corruption

• Like 1

They need educating. Mike

Won't do any good after all the pseudo authority has said you need it. No one & I mean no one tells the punter its not a legal requirement or that the list is unofficial. In fact far to many installers encourage punters to think its both

A little update Pete and other with intrest on the LPG side, upon getting into the LPG ecu I found the car to be under fueling, little tweaks got it better but not 100% yet only got 30 mins on it when kids were going to bed, hope to get more time on it soon

Managed to get back out on it today (had a weekend away MCN live) all 8 of the injectors were coated in dirt, all now cleaned, still was a little lumpy, I've changed the plugs again to be sure there was no duff one's and was horrified, I knew Pete mentioned the car had new plugs, leads and coils all which is evident (almost!) while changing the plugs I found 2 brand new leads which had been damaged the repaired (badly) and replaced and 2 leads which look to be original lexus leads... I'm guessing Pete you had the car back to the converting garage to do the work as the LPG reg is situated in such a way the plug change couldn't of happened with the reg being moved, going to fit 2 new injectors later in the week which should hopefully cure the issue

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links