Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1G-Fe Shaky / Running Rich

Ricky405jr

Hi there,

So to begin with since my 1G-FE engine was revised, it's not running smooth as it should be.

I feel that it's running rich, cos it's uses more fuel then before.

When idling feels like engine is a bite shaky. And when driving as if all is well.

of 10L fuel I go 80 km and sometimes 60 km, what was a bit more then 100 km before.

In the weekend I already cleaned the throttle body, but it's the same.(I found out that the Idle control valve had a vacuum leak, which I sorted out)

Last I have no Engine light lighting up.

So if someone can help me out where I can begin next for looking then it would do.[ maybe Steve?]

Ricky

so now I realized something else is happening. When I drive back to home from work [note:car stays +9 hours in sun] rpm drops in drive. I feel that the engine want's to die, but it doesn't. pic02353.jpg

And it this when I put in park seems to be high . and this only happens (or that i've noteced) when I stop at the traffic lightspic02352.jpg

This one may be difficult for people on here to comment, as although we have the same engine we don't have the same throttle control system, as ours are motor operated (cable back up) throttle bodies therefore don't have an idle control valve. The throttle body itself acts as the ICV.

Surely there are forums for the particular car you run that may be of more help?

Well unfortunately I haven't found any other forums for my car. This forum is the only one that I found very useful and one that I like.

This problem that I have will take some time for sure to solve and if I get it I will post it here for others.