Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reset Ecu On Is200 - Why?

HoodRich

Hi guys,

Just got my is200 a few weeks ago, and I think it's safe to say its quite a thirsty car! I don't have any stats yet, but have done a tad more than 200kms on a half tank. I drive a lot in traffic, so this could buy problem.

My question is : while reading up on threads regarding fuel economy, I noticed that many of you suggest resetting the ECU. what does that do with regard to fuel consumption? I also read someone mentioning that one should reset the ECU after buying the car used - why? Also read of some guys who reset the ECU every couple of weeks- again....why?

Lastly, the car is going to my local lexus dealer for its 90000km cambelt service. Should I just ask them to reset the ECU?

Hi. You have to be very gentle to get the fuel economy up. I'm getting around 30MPG including mainly town driving. I can get 420miles out of a full tank of petrol regularily. I have not reset the ECU, but if it could help my MPG further, I will attempt this.

Thanks for the responses guys. So, I guess the best option would be to reset it and not get stuck in traffic daily....in other words, reset then just use it as my weekend driver for a while. Good idea?

Would it be better to :

1) ask the dealer to reset it for me?

2) remove the Battery terminals to reset?

3) remove the specific fuses to reset?

Any advice would be appreciated.

• 2 years later...

I've had my Battery off multiple times to charge it or reset the ECU. I've never once had to input any type of code. My tank gives me roughly 300 miles but i drive heavy. If i reset the ECU and drive like a women then i can push 400+ but with the fuel prices coming down and wages going up why not have some fun.

• 6 years later...

hi Guys, 

I have a 2000 auto is200. Just changed all plugs and coils. 

Acceleration is very poor when i step on it.  It is extremely sluggish until it crosses 60-70 km/h. once at that speed it seems to be normal. 

From Stand still to acceleration: 

When i floor the throttle, the RPM goes to 5 but only feels like revving because the car does not respond. 

Can any anyone suggest what the issue could be?