Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel Economy Is Good!

haha i love these posts you do :whistling:

Ive stopped checking mine because i never fill it. just put £70 in every 2 weeks, sometimes £50. Just how i budget... that covers my commute and also randoms trips no more 20 miles out a few times a month....

Oh I know. The is200/is300's arent meant to be economical.

The mix so far, motorway 70-80 miles town driving 50-60 miles. But its quite hilly in south wales, so there is an acceleration issue while being on the motorway. Lol

had my car for about 15 months now and have never filled it to the brim. but will carry out a test on my next fill up and this time will max out my tank and see how many miles i get from it. most of my driving is mainly 4 miles open road and 3 miles town drive to work. currenlty this is averaging me at 22mpg which i recon is 4 mpg up on the official 18mpg urban driving quoted by Lexus so still not bad. :) . at 13.2 gallons to fill the tank this wll cost around £81 on 136.9p/ litre . will see if carrying the excess weight by maxing out the tank really does consume more than when i fill up with the exact fuel i need for a given journey.

• Like 1

Having just bought my is200, you guys are scarying me. Been sitting in bumper to bumper traffic with my first tank, so this is going to be a good (?) benchmark. Will post my results.

J, I'll be honest. I'm not driving like I own a Lexus. Lol. I'm driving so cautiously to get these results. Enjoy your car don't worry too much, but yes. 22-25 mpg should be your realistic result. Anything above this. Congratulations. Lexus' official figures were 28.8mpg.

J, I'll be honest. I'm not driving like I own a Lexus. Lol. I'm driving so cautiously to get these results. Enjoy your car don't worry too much, but yes. 22-25 mpg should be your realistic result. Anything above this. Congratulations. Lexus' official figures were 28.8mpg.

I am also trying to just "enjoy" the car...but that stupid fuel economy gauge makes me feel guilty!

I just got back from a 80km drive to pick up somebody. I'm up to 300km and its just above half a tank used. Not that bad considering all the traffic I have been sitting in this entire week. I guess it could be worse.

You know we are working in miles right not Kilometers over here!

Mines at half now. 170 miles done, the light will come on around 300 as it always does!

My petrol light has come on at 405 miles each time over the past two weeks. Lol.

Mines at half now. 170 miles done, the light will come on around 300 as it always does!

Hehehe...yes I do realize that :-)

My petrol light has come on at 405 miles each time over the past two weeks. Lol.

Wow...that is really impressive. Do you fill the tank to the brim or stop on the pump's automatic stop?

Mine used to be so good but I think my car is having problemss... :(

My commute used to be 70 miles at 4 days a week to 40 miles at 5 times a week. Its helped but its got underlying issues...trying to find another mechanic...

Wow...that is really impressive. Do you fill the tank to the brim or stop on the pump's automatic stop?

Hi J. Yeah, I fill the tank to the brim and a little beyond. Considering that the tank is 70 litres, the most I've been able to fit in is 66 litres, so each time I've stopped, there has always been a little left over.

Check out my fuelly in my signature, the link will take you to the website and you can see how much petrol I've been putting in and how many miles I've been able to get out of a tank.