Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel Economy Is Good!

You guys really make me want a 300! any of you 300 owners going to the may meet so i can have a go :innocent:

on the subject of diesel, not a fan, but have to say this new BI Turbo setup looks impressive to eliminate the lag

might make it Petey depending on plans. was thinking of getting an Imprezza or more so the Masda MPS but the prices of turbo's when they break is eye watering. more over i like the sound of a big naturally aspirated car.. and they dont inheret no lag. drop down a gear or two in an NA car and you are gone.. but its sad now as the Euro Emission laws are rendering big NA engines obsolete and newer cars are all being fitted with 2.0litre turbos or 1.6 turbos. even the new BMW M5 has forgone the 5 litre V10 for a 4.4 turbo V8. it will be more economical and might be a tenth or two quicker but wont sound like a V10..same as the high revving Celica's and Honda Type R's they have all been discontinued and newer models will be fitted with Turbo engines..

am an NA engine man.. :msn-cry:

Yeah ive noticed! also the new Bentley Cont with its new smaller, light V8 lol.

With all these titchy turbo cars im interested to see how there doing 10 years down the line. I mean Fords ecoboost 1.0L. what a joke. all because the government gets to decide what we drive. grrrr :megaangry:

I like N/A cars but the MPG and fuel prices seem to dictate nowadays. I have better thing to spend my money on i.e. kids.

I have had two V8's and the sound they make is satisfying but 16-18 MPG isn't.

It'll be funny telling your grandkids that you were driving V12, V8 and V/L6 cars as they probably only know 400cc Turbo or electric cars by then :(

I'm on the lookout for a Swedish ragtop for the summer. Turbo obviously! 1+ bar will be a right laugh B)

I like N/A cars but the MPG and fuel prices seem to dictate nowadays. I have better thing to spend my money on i.e. kids.

It'll be funny telling your grandkids that you were driving V12, V8 and V/L6 cars as they probably only know 400cc Turbo or electric cars by then :(

I'm on the lookout for a Swedish ragtop for the summer. Turbo obviously! 1+ bar will be a right laugh B)

and what colour would it be Ray? let me guess, Blue?

Got a couple friend with a 2005 9-3 2.0t convertible. There absolutely in love with it.

I'm thinking of the old shape 2003 model Aero HOT or a Viggen but they're getting a little old now. Had a 2.3 900NG years back and I liked it.

and what colour would it be Ray? let me guess, Blue?

It'll be blue yeah :lol:

I'm starting to think I've got a problem with my car. When I first got it, I was getting 400 miles to a tank, then it went down to around 350, now I'm very lucky to get 280. My driving style hasn't changed. The 2JZ has "only" done 90k with FSH. Anybody have any ideas?

• Like 1

It may be something stupid like tracking. I had mine done, apparently when I got my new tyres, but I've just had the alignment done with settings from Tony at WiM and my front wheels were toe in and the back weren't lined up. Check the tracking.

The other thing I did straight away was get a Forte gas engine treament. They're about £10 a bottle. Put the whole bottle intk half a tank of petrol and run the car nearly dry. That should give the engine a good clean and help with efficiency.post-45814-0-11756000-1366138115_thumb.j

I have a quarter tank left and have 450kms under my belt. Looks like the fuel reserve light will come in after around 500kms. Not really good fuel economy off 55 liters of fuel, but admittedly, it's better than I thought it would be and I'm sure I could live with fuel economy like that.

In the cars defense, most of the 450kms I have done so far were in bumper to bumper traffic. Once I start using it as my weekend driver, I hope to get better economy. If my maths is correct, that's approx 312 miles.

I've been driving extra careful for the last month, mainly due to writing of my fiances fiesta and hadn't really had the erge to rag it up and down the motorway. On the way home tonight it ticked over to 460 miles without the light on, that's 2 weeks of 23 miles each way commuting. Works out at 35.1 mpg, pretty chuffed with that.

post-17137-0-11091700-1366217594_thumb.j

I put fuel in today. 468 miles. 63.50 litres went in. 33.5MPG. My average since owning the vehicle is now up to 29.9MPG. I'm really happy with the car. It's performing well. Now that I've done the alignment as well, I'm hoping for a regular 32 MPG.

This really does prove that if you drive it sensibly you'll return a reasonable MPG from the 6 pot

Absolutely!..... I have managed to get 9mpg out of the Jeep but with a little work, I'm sure that I can get 8mpg.

haha those 4.0L's arent that bad are they?

I was looking around at V8 Grands the other day :whistling:

Mmmmm V8 Grand Cherry...... I likeee

You can pick a nice one for peanuts these days but make sure that it has LPG with flashlube as the V8s need the extra lubricant... The 4 litre isn't so fussy.... If I drive responsibly I can get around 17mpg but that rarely happens

Yeah i know. Like the IS ive always drooled over them on autotrader etc since i passed my test lol. Those 4.7 H.O's are great motors, and easily tunable too. Saying that think i still prefer the 5.9 Magnum :p

If i got one with LPG ide deff have to do my homework, no nothing.

Anyway might as well wait until i emigrate to USA till i get into V8 power, or even Jeep power :)

Yeah i know. Like the IS ive always drooled over them on autotrader etc since i passed my test lol. Those 4.7 H.O's are great motors, and easily tunable too. Saying that think i still prefer the 5.9 Magnum :P

If i got one with LPG ide deff have to do my homework, no nothing.

Anyway might as well wait until i emigrate to USA till i get into V8 power, or even Jeep power :)

Not sure I would want to tune any car that handles like a greased baked bean but lift it up a few inches and fit some 31 or 33 inch diameter mud tyres and a couple of locking diffs and they are great and at the prices that they are you don't get too upset if you roll them onto their roof

Just out of curiosity, has anyone else noticed that more and more people tend to drive well below the speed limit these days....And it ain't old gits like me but younger people... I assume that either they are trying to drive economically or are too incompetant to even drive at the speed limit.....If you had driven like that whilst taking th HGV test then you would never have been given a licence... Some of us have places to go to.

• Like 1

Okay. That is a legitimate worry. But remember the mileage the moment the light comes on and if you drive like a Stuart, then 50 miles with the light on should not be a problem. The needle will go all the way down to the rest and you'll be okay for another 5 miles.