Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hid Replacement Bulbs On Gs430 Gen3 Issues

Ordered some bulbs new HID headlight bulbs from the guys who advertise on here (autobulbsdirect), they recommended the D2R via my email request:

Hi,

Many thanks for your email. According to our data your car takes a D2R bulb andwe have the following available,
http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/d2r-replacement-xenon-hid-bulbs/?bulb_search=car&end=front
The 5000K pair would be the best option as these will be a pure white light
with no blue tint to them. Hope this helps

So they arrived today, I fit them and they both go off after 5 secs, to say I am a bit frustrated and chessed off is an understatement!

Any ideas what might be up guys and girls....am I missing something simple, are these the right bulbs as another member here has quoted they had Phillips D4S bulbs fitted?

Thanks,

Your headlight takes D4S. I am surprised that D2S could fit because usually you have to cut a notch at the base of the bulb to use it in a projector designed for D4S bulbs.

Anyhow these bulbs are not interchangeable. A D4S ballast will not power a D2S bulb.

Return those bulbs and get some D4S ones.

PS: I have just noticed that the bulb they have supplied you with is D2R (Reflector). Even if this bulb powered up properly the beam pattern would have been messed up as it is for totally different kind of headlights.

Got to say changing them is quite easy.

That's nice. They are really awkward and time consuming to change on the IS. Can i just ask does your headlight have side bulb entry too?

It's the same on the IS250. I did it once and it took me very long to do it.

I had to remove the air filter box and the snorkel to access the bulb on the driver side and remove the washer fluid plastic tube to do the passenger side.