Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bhp And Torque Curve

petayV8

is153 dyno'd his a couple of weeks ago i think so worth asking him for a copy.

found this link which shows the graph of one dyno'd aswell. click on the graph tab to see the power and torque curve.. from the looks of it the VVTi helps the engine maintain an almost flat tourque curve from 2500 rpm to 6000 rpm as can be seen in the line in green. you can see figures of other cars by clicking one the see more cars button on the top right.

http://rri.se/popup/performancegraphs.php?ChartsID=496

wow thanks. Just what i wanted. cool website too :P

I was just pleasantly surprised how well my IS200 pulls up a steep hill. np around 2200RPM to maintain 30MPH

yeh if you notice the VVTi is helping the IS200 make around 170NM of torque at the wheels even at a low 2500rpm. if 10% is added to this figure that equates to 187NM at the crank meaning the engine is making over 90% of its total torque available to it at 2500rpm.

if this same formula is punched into mine, at 2500rpm, 90% of the torque is 260NM it peaks at 3800rpm with 288nm and then falls back to 260nm at 6000rpm.. whilst most Turbo hot hatches are waiting for their Turbo to spool up at this low rpm, am gone.. :P

haha nice. I do love the nature of it tbh. Ive said to all my friends ill never go back to a 4 pot. I can quite happily drive my IS200 below 3000rpm all day long and its fine unlike my last car (1.6L 4 pot) where i had to thrash it half the time to get it upto speed lol

At the same time i love the boost of a turbo, its a great feeling and nice sound, hooked up to a 6 or 8 cyl sounds like a dream :) oh wait it is my dream, a 80/81 Pontiac Trans Am 4.9 V8 Turbo, heck yeah!

Im seriously done with 4 pots, ive always said there good for economy and thats it. why even bother squeezing so much power out of them anyway when it can produced so much easier and effortlessly with a 6cyl or 8 cyl, not to mention reliability

If i go to the meet maybe someone will let me ride in a IS300 to compare :P

• 3 years later...

Just found this, proof that modding the is200 will see improvements, more torque gained with a cat back and airfilter.

I bet with a slightly better air filter (apexi) and decent engine oil you would see more. 

Screenshot_20161102-143741.png

13 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

I cannot seem to play the video but one critical figure seems to be missing ....at what RPM is the increased torque available?

It's a screen shot so I'd be very surprised it did allow you to watch the video haha,  here is the link 

There's a  few other vids of is200s in standard form or close but this is the only one with power figures torque and bhp in the description. 

1 hour ago, steve2006 said:

I cannot seem to play the video but one critical figure seems to be missing ....at what RPM is the increased torque available?

Supercharged, stock internals 213bhp