Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Lexus Is250 Owner

Alive_Inside

Hi

I've just purchased a 2008 Lexus IS250 manual, thanks to my dad! Picking it up at 4pm from Woodford Leux.

I've never owned a Lexus before or anything "prestige" so really looking forward to this. I can't believe the amount for kit you get for your money. BMW's, Merc's and Audi's don't have anywhere near as much stuff for the money.

Any advice on accessories and getting the best fuel economy from this car would be greatly appreciated :)

post-46911-0-56168600-1366969173_thumb.j

post-46911-0-26150000-1366969180_thumb.j

post-46911-0-23974400-1366969185_thumb.j

post-46911-0-37588500-1366969189_thumb.j

Welcome to the club. As an IS250 owner myself, I can tell you that you are in for a treat.

As for fuel economy, don't have too much expectation. Drive sensibly and use cruise control where possible is the best advice I can give you. On average I seem to get around 37mpg, with less around town and B roads and better on long motorway journeys.

Nice looking car by the way. How about some interior shots when you get it home.

Welcome to the LOC and congratulations on your purchase. It looks lovely and bet you are really pleased? I remember when I 'discovered' Lexus. There's no looking back! Enjoy your new car.

Thanks guys. After driving it around for the past few days I can say that it is a truly awesome car :) Very smooth on the motorway, cruise control is excellent and the memory seats are very handy!

I've just purchased a personalised plate too. S20 MBE, doesn't sound much but when it's made it'll read S (for Steve, my name!) 20MBE (ZOMBIE!!!!!). £250 from DVLA :)

Give the ECT button a try sometime. The gear changing will be a lot more responsive and give the car (which is no slouch anyway) a quite a bit more zip.

I've also found it gives better mpg on my circuitous route to work each day.

Above all......enjoy your car. They really are very very good.