Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sport Button In An Isf?

just take it for an open road drive with the Sport mode activated whilst using the paddle shifters to select gears and you will get your answer :lookaround: lol ..

OK not sure how the ISF has been setup but when the PWR button is activated in the IS300

• the suspension feels more stiffer and i tend to feel the bumps on the road more
  • the car holds onto the best lower gear depending on speed travelling so the moment i floor it, it takes off without the half second wait for it to collect its thoughts and drop down a gear or two.
  • the engine/Exhaust note changes slightly and gives a more deeper throatier sound.
  • throttle pedal is more responsive and sharper to the foot without hesitation
  • car is more fun to drive.

http://www.lexus.com.au/isf/features/performance

Unlike some other cars it actually does quite a lot! Speeds up the gear change and holds the gears for longer, sharpens the throttle response and other stuff too technical for me! I must admit I only use mine at weekends as prefer the smoother gear change when tootling around for work during the week.

OK not sure how the ISF has been setup but when the PWR button is activated in the IS300

• the suspension feels more stiffer and i tend to feel the bumps on the road more
Does the IS300 have active suspension?

not that i know off maybe its in my head.. might need another IS300 owner to confirm this but suspension feels softer in normal mode but harder and stiffer in ECT PWR mode to me. am now driving in normal mode and car has gone back to being softer and shifts smoother.

Does the IS300 have active suspension?

No, it doesn't

1) Weights up the steering

2) Alters the gearbox mode, faster shifts, holds gears longer

3) Relaxes the electronic aids like esp

4) Alters throttle mapping so accelerator is more sensitive

5) lights up the sport notification on the dashboard ;)

• Like 1

6) Puts a big smile on your face!

7) Uses more fuel

+ 1 on 6

fuel consumption is not a lot of difference between the two modes. I have been driving ECT PWR mode continually for about 5-6 months now with Shell V power and still refilling with the same amount of fuel as when I did not have it activated. I have only just gone back to normal mode and the difference in the way the car drives is like night and day. e.g when joining a main road with it deactivated, there is about half a second delay and I can feel the transmission kicking down between 2 or 3 gears before it takes off also, when cornering and you take your foot off come out of the corner and reapply the pedal again there is also a slight delay before it wakes up, I also now noticing normal mode causes the revs to climb up a bit slowing resulting in the engine revving a bit longer but ECT PWR/Sport removes all this and wakes every thing up the car also revs and grabs the next gear more quickly.

Its all pretty subtle from my experience, the throttle gets sharper and gearbox changes are more sporting in a few ways. ESP is a little more relaxed.

If you look it up in the owners manual, it says something like "press sport button for more sporting driving"...great thanks for that :eerrrmm:

In my first year of ownership, I would press Sport as soon as the engine had warmed up and drive everywhere with it engaged. I tried normal mode on one long motorway trip and found performance to still be perfectly acceptable whilst getting 5-10% better consumption. Now I drive in normal much of the time, switching into Sport when I want to have fun.

Or, on a driving day out, I'll be in Sport and flip it back to normal for towns or big villages, as much for the psychological calming effect as for the tecnical merits. For example on a drive through North Wales, taking in the 'EVO triangle', last week I had it in normal through Denbigh and on the descent into Betws Y Coed, but the rest of the time it was in full 'yee-hah' mode.

It also blips the throttle when you change down from just below 5000 rpm. A good guide is to change up at 6000 rpm, and as I said, down at 5000 rpm. This gives a fantastic burst of revs as the car matches the engine speed to the car speed, and leaves you free to brake too. Love that colour, by the way!

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links