Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

"brake Wear" Warning And Indicator Light Flashing

auditray2007

Hi Guys,

I have a "Brake wear" warning and indicator light flashing on my 1999 LS 400. All the pads are 75% and more. I did a Continuity test and there was continuity in the sensors. Fluid ok and disconnecting the fluid sensor changes nothing, I fitted different pads with sensors also . So two sets
of sensors (which all check out ok anyway) and by passing the sensors
does not put out the light. The rest of the system checks out ok also.

I have read many posts but no info relating to this particular issue.
Is there some way to reset this light. Tried the Battery disconnect for
hours at a time but to no avail

Does this light suggest any other fault in the car outside of the brake system

• 2 weeks later...

My 'Brake Wear' warning also comes up occasionally, along with the LED.

I think this is a different warning to the normal brake light out.

Mine is intermittent, although I have not checked the sensors them selves (if its triggered its triggered, shouldn't be intermittent!) I suspect a break in the wire somewhere. The reason is because I had a good run of 3 months and no warning light, then after fitting new wheels on one side of the car and turning ignition on the warning was back! Will have to investigate further when I have the time

My brake wear warning light has come on today ... but I think it probably really is the pads a bit low.

When I book it in for it's annual oil and filter change and MOT I'll get the guy to check and replace as necessary ......... I haven't even looked at them since I've had the car, 2 years approaching now and 18k miles

When with my last LS400 the brake wear indicator came on and there was at least 5k miles wear left in the pads ......... Lexus give a good margin methinks.

Guess it will be that simple.

Malc

• 2 weeks later...

No bulb blown. Its a simple system and all checks out. I have to think its a code issue then. Is there another way to clear the codes besides disconnecting the battery of fuses?

Resetting the codes will not work, its not a stored fault that will flash the warning up. Its a simple circuit that, when open circuit the warning will display. There has to be a break in the continuity somewhere

I have just swapped over the ABS ecu from another 400 but no change. However when I put the ecu back into the doner car it too is now showing the same warning light. The doner car was "faultless" prior to that. What does that suggest?

It would suggest that the donor ECU has picked up and stored the fault present on your car?

Have you as suggested by Malc checked your stop lights?

Also check the brake fluid level sensor is working.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links