Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2008 Is250 Vsc Light, Engine Problems

JennyB

I have a 2008 IS250 I bought certified pre-owned in February of 2011. Since then I have been having problems with the car. I first brought it in approx. 2 weeks after I bought it due to a shuttering/shaking noise I was feeling and hearing. I was told nothing was wrong (multiple times). Finally about a year later the Check VSC and check engine lights came on and I had to bring it in. Lexus told me it was due to a bulletin that was posted saying the pistons and rings had to be replaced for certain VIN numbers.

I still noticed the same issue happening but kept being told that the car was fine. I was specifically told one time I brought it in that all the history codes were deleted. The next time I brought it in I was told the car misfired and might have to have the pistons and rings replaced. When I flipped out and told them this was already done less than a year ago, they called me back and said it was just a misfire code! LIES LIES LIES.

I brought the car back a month later AGAIN and this time they once again replaced all the pistons and rings because the car was misfiring and had carbon build up. Lexus refuses to offer any kind of remmedy to the situation besides stating that they will be sure to fix it each time I bring it in (and possibly offer an extended warranty WHICH I ALREADY PURCHASED)

Now one month later the check VSC and check engine lights are on once again and the car is shaking uncontrollably. It is in service now so I am awaiting what excuse they will have for me this time.....

Oh did I mention that when I purchased the car certified pre-owned I asked to see the carfax while test driving it. I was told by the car dealer he would print it for me but that he was sure it had never been in an accident. We took the car to lunch that day to think about it and when we returned we began negotiating a purchase price and forgot to request the carfax again (not that we should have had to remind him anyways). Well needless to say we purchased the car without reviewing the car fax (silly us to rely on the Lexus dealer's word). We asked for it the next day and of course an accident was right on there! They offered us 2 free details to remedy that situation, pfffffft.

We have now come to contacting corporate to see what we can do to have them look further into the situation and possibly buy the car back. I have brought the car in now for the same problem more than 10 times, which is very frustrating and inconvenient because 1.) to go before or after work is always during rush hour through the city 2.) if I want to avoid the traffic I have to take time off work and 3.) I can't always take time off due to prior set appointments.

I was just wondering if anyone had a similar experience or could offer any advice???