Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Also I noticed that the genuine lexus front pads are stamped "textar" - Textar pads can be bought from euro car parts for around half the price as the toyota boxed part.

Same with oil filters, Bosch can be got for £7, can't be beaten. Just in case anyone mentions US oil filter comparisons, European Bosch parts are different to US stuff as far as I know.

Hi All,

Thanks very much for the replies and it is very interesting. A little of topic but what fuel addictives do you generally use. I know the BG stuff gets a good write up but there are STP etc for a lot cheaper. I have also been quoted approx £45 plus vat for a fuel and engine flush from Lexus Glasgow when I go in for my service and MOT (if I go in!!!! and dont go to my local garage who are doing my caliper slide pins and pads tomorrow) and wondered if anyone was aware what product they use?

Cheers Bobby

• 1 month later...

Having spoken to Castrol about the 5W30 and 0W30 issue. It seems they recommend the Edge 0W30 as the better oil but not the fuel efficient one. Whereas the Magnatec A1 is recommended as the more fuel efficient option. They've told me that having either should not effect the car in anyway because the oil is thinnest at working temperature ( ie the 30 part ) and both will be the same at working temperature. The only difference is the cold part and it just means the 0W oil is thinner when cold than the 5W oil and as it reaches operating temperature they both are the same thickness. They did suggest that if the car has high mileage and uses oil it might be worth considering the Edge 5W-40 which will be slightly thicker when hot which may reduce the oil usage. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

The 0W or 5W refer to viscosity at - 20C. So the 0W is thinner at - 20, but will not thin as much with temperature.

At normal UK Winter temperatures, the 5W-30 is probably thinner when cold, or the difference is so tiny it can be neglected.

0W-30 is a more expensive than 5W-30, so I wouldn't specifically advise it.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links