Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls430 How To Transfer Contacts From Samsung Galaxy Siii

Hi,

I'm a new member. LS430 model (2006) proud owner.really a fantastic car.

Looking a some posts I did'nt find any answer about transfering contacts from my Samsung galaxy SIII to my car.

The connexion is perfect and I can use the handset system with Bluetooth connexion, but I tried many times to transfer my phone's contacts without success..

By the way , Lexus says that its a fully compatible phone, including contacts transfer???

Any one to help me?

Thank a lot

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

I'm no expert when it comes to mobiles and handsfree operation but seem to remember a similar situation in the past.

If you don't get any response to your question I'll move it to the LS forum where more members may see it and reply.

Hi Jerry and welcome to the club. I cant help you with your prob as I am an analogue guy living in a digital world but I know someone will be along soon that will.

We encourage new members to post pictures of their new Lexus purely for proffesional purposes of course.

We are a friendly bunch and if we can help we always find ways of doing so.

One other thing please dont brag to friends and relatives about what fantastic cars they are as the stock out there is getting lower everyday and remember if its not a Lexus its just a car. Mike

Hi Jerry, welcome to the LOC, your not the only person I've heard of having a problem with a Galaxy Note, pairing it with Bluetooth,

My Iphone would pair with anything, but, the Galaxy gives me grief in that department, I know it's not helping you solve your problem, but just to say maybe it's an inherent problem with a Samsung device.

I paired my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 via Bluetooth with a Parrot CK3100 in my LS400, including transferring contacts, with no problems. I doubt that it's a Samsung problem.

Try deleting the car kit from the Galaxy's list of Bluetooth paired objects, then rescanning and re-pairing.

Maybe should have mentioned that I was trying to pair the Samsung to a Parrot device-and not my Lexus, the Parrot needs replacing,as its 3-4 years old, as I'm writing this, I'm deciding to go and buy a new one today. ...

Is it safe riding around with these large birds? must make a dreadful mess of the leather work as well in your car.

I Have an old Nokia in my car and its amazing I can make and receive telephone calls in all weathers and on any day of the week.

Mike

• Like 1

Maybe should have mentioned that I was trying to pair the Samsung to a Parrot device-and not my Lexus, the Parrot needs replacing,as its 3-4 years old, as I'm writing this, I'm deciding to go and buy a new one today. ...

Have you tried deleting the Parrot from the Samsung's list of paired devices, then re-pairing them, as I suggested? This should work.

It can't be done. Have a look round your house for, or ask friends if they have, an old Nokia (something from the Ark) with bluetooth. Then spend ages transferring your contacts one by one. Have fun! :-)

Yes it can be done, because I have, and have even put the pictures on this forum to prove it......

I had the pleasure of an LS400 waft to Weston-super-Mare and back this morning, and made and received several calls on my Samsung phone via the Parrot Bluetooth kit en route :phone:

First of guys lets not get confused here - the original poster asked how to transfer contacts between his phone and the LS430 built in phone - the parrot is not relavant here

To answer the OPs question - It cannot be done and the reason is because the LS430 Bluetooth is quite old (something to do with push and pull)

There is a very informative post on here where a member bought an older type nokia phone and used that to transfer contacts quickly - I cant find that post - but have a read here anyway:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/40125-phone-address-books/?hl=%2Bls430+%2Bbluetooth#entry423224

My reply was as per cruisermark, it cannot be done on the LS430's built in bluetooth phone. You'll need an old Nokia.

My apologies willskoda, I got confused about which sort of car kit we were trying to hook up to.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi all - newbie here, had to sign up to post an answer to this question.

I've been trying to transfer numbers from my Galaxy S5 to my new 2005 LS430 and today's Google search came up with this thread.

I've done it!

I think the problem lies in operating the Galaxy correctly.

I obviously hadn't managed it and had even tried downloading Bluetooth Transfer apps to try to get it to work, but to no avail.

I recommend you watch this YouTube video for a demo.

Then repeat in your car as I have just done - and it works!

All contacts (100+) transferred in a couple of seconds.

Enjoy!
Aside from that I am loving my newly acquired LS430.
A previous car was an LS400 and having been spoiled by one of those had to have another.

• 2 weeks later...

HI all.After many many months i have managed to connect my Samsung s4 to the cars handsfree system( 2004 ls430).I also can transmit the contacts via Bluetooth.From the transfer menu in the cars handsfree menu select transfer and add

You have to go into your phone;

select contact

view contact

share namecard then select Bluetooth

should find the cars handsfree and confirm 'file sent'

hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...
Indeed, you can use Gmail to transfer contacts from Samsung Galaxy Siii, which is easy to operate. Import your contacts on Samsung to Gmail accountand then log in your Gamil account on the computer. Import the files to the account. Sign in the same ID on another device, and download the information to the device.

• 8 months later...
On 2015/9/10 at 11:21 AM, BowieKinsey said:
Indeed, you can use Gmail to transfer contacts from Samsung Galaxy Siii , which is easy to operate. Import your contacts on Samsung to Gmail accountand then log in your Gamil account on the computer. Import the files to the account. Sign in the same ID on another device, and download the information to the device.

Gmail is really user-friendly tool to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone

• 3 months later...
On 2015/9/10 at 11:21 AM, BowieKinsey said:
Indeed, you can use Gmail to transfer contacts from Samsung Galaxy Siii, which is easy to operate. Import your contacts on Samsung to Gmail accountand then log in your Gamil account on the computer. Import the files to the account. Sign in the same ID on another device, and download the information to the device.

Yes ,gmail is a good choose . Or use one android assistant to transfer phone contacts .