Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My 2006 IS250 has had it's original Battery in the car since new. Since yesterday I've noticed the startup sounds very strange as if the Battery is low, same this morning when i went to work. After work tried to start the car and Battery was very much flat and after a few attempts managed to start it. So i thought i've got a long drive so it will charge. Got near home 1hr 45mins later and stopped at a shop for 5mins came back and this time car didnt start at all and Battery wasnt strong enough to start the car.

Call AA they did a Battery test and said it says Battery needs replacing. The also tested the charging system to check if alternator or any part of the charging system was faulty and they said charging system seemed fine but the Battery wasnt holding charge and advised to replace Battery immediately.

Is this normal?

Now i'm looking to get a new Battery and found one on Euro Car Parts, it's a Bosch S4 Battery 069 with 4 Years Guarantee. The specs are as follows:

Amp Hours: (Ah): 70Ah

Cold Cranking Amp: (CCA): 570cca

Length: 260mm

Width: 173mm

Height: 225mm

I tried to look on the OEM Battery on my car to see what the Ah and the CCA was but there doesnt seem to be any label indicating this anywhere. Does anyone know what the OEM Battery specs are? also is the dimensions of this Bosch correct to fit nicely in the Battery tray?

Thanks

i changed mine just a couple of weeks back and had similar issues... lexus/toyota had what they had on file/record as a 220d Battery for an extortinate amount... halfrauds had one but the terminals were around the wrong way, so i opted for the GSF slightly more stronger/powerful one with the terminals set correctly..

my original Battery suffered after having the doors open / lights on etc all day on my big cleaning day !!! and rather than recharging an original, i decided to go new... just remember to reintialise windows etc... im sure there is a section here on the forum and in your handbook what to do with the windows...

i changed mine just a couple of weeks back and had similar issues... lexus/toyota had what they had on file/record as a 220d battery for an extortinate amount... halfrauds had one but the terminals were around the wrong way, so i opted for the GSF slightly more stronger/powerful one with the terminals set correctly..

my original battery suffered after having the doors open / lights on etc all day on my big cleaning day !!! and rather than recharging an original, i decided to go new... just remember to reintialise windows etc... im sure there is a section here on the forum and in your handbook what to do with the windows...

For the windows just put each window down by the individual door switch then back up and hold for 5 seconds.

After doing this they will all operate again from the driver door switches. Simples

• 2 months later...

My 2005 IS250 came with a panasonic MF80-D26L Battery (You can see this part number stamped on the top of the Battery - you might need to remove the top strap to see it).

This Battery is equivalent to an "068" size Battery. This is the same physical size as an "069" Battery, but the connections are the opposite way round.

You'll probably be able to get an "069" in, but you'll need to pull the wires into a new position to reach the terminals. The "068" has the terminals in the same position as the OEM Battery.

• 5 months later...

Would this fit: http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Lexus_IS_2.5_2007/p/accessories-car-batteries/car-batteries/popular-car-battery/068-car-batteries/?444770687&0&cc5_1017 ?

According the their website, and various other online 'chooser' tools (based on number plate and/or car model) they all seem to think it won't.

Thanks for any help - need to get one asap before school run!! :-(

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links