Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lpg Conversion Pics By Profess On My Mark 4

36 minutes ago, piasek said:

Trouble is you would need someone who could also translate into her mother tongue and translators cost a lot of money. There is also translating technical language into the mother tongue as well, that can be a nightmare. We just have to be patient. Their installs are 2nd to none and I wouldn't go anywhere else.  Mike.

If you need translator I'm more than happy to help over the phone. I've requested a quote from them for my LS and we'll see what they will come up with. I consider making conversion here in UK if I find a good installer at good price or otherwise I will go to Poland on holiday and do conversion there. Top of the range 4th gen conversion would cost about £1000 over there.

A very kind offer but its not up to me its not my company I just champion it because I have always found their work 1st class as is their knowledge on LPG systems. The price is around the same at Profess and all done in 8hrs.  The biggest problem at Profess is no matter even if you did have an interpreter her customer service skills are so appalling they translate in a negative way no matter what language you use. Mike.

5 minutes ago, piasek said:

I'm not in rush to be honest so might be worth waiting for Andrzej. As long as their technicians know what they doing I wouldn't mind bad customer service because I shouldn't have to deal with them again for some time. I serviced LPG in my previous car along with calibrating the system myself. I'm still testing my LS and I'm not sure if I actually need an LPG as I only do less than 10k/year and mpg seems to be very good for a car with 4.3 engine. It will be interesting to see how much Profess will quote me.

Dont forget to keep the warranty live they have to do the servicing as they have set out. Mike.

6 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

Ahh i get it - Fit, Fill, Forget!

That's the very install I have on my Lexus. whats wrong with it?

• Like 1

Quick question,when you are filling with LPG and the progress rate starts to really slow... how long should you keep filling?  How do you know when the tank is full... as then it's filling at a snails pace, I just give up.... ?

I haven't noticed any No-Adapter notices, - similar story to above, I even had a kind gentleman at Cobham Shell garage offer to fill my car up for me, to which I accepted! First time in 20 years of driving that that's happened, and yes, he had to screw in the adapter.

My filler on my 430 is also in the same hidden place & have  a 95 ltre tank also.

Just a update 

My conversion has been perfect and fault free. It is 3 years down the line now and 45.000 miles. I would still use Profess even though things have changed a fair bit down there. But as they are not so busy the technicians should have more time on theconversions. 

Mine just clicks off when they have filled it, yes they fill it up for you but its not a petrol forecourt its a Calor Gas center. Mike.

Soon as it slows, I stop, as you'd be there for ever trying to squeeze another litre in.

Mine takes 60 litres if I run it out of gas before filling, which is about right for the tank capacity.

4 hours ago, mikeyv said:

Soon as it slows, I stop, as you'd be there for ever trying to squeeze another litre in.

Mine takes 60 litres if I run it out of gas before filling, which is about right for the tank capacity.

I can go to 75 liters in my doughnut tank. I wont allow it to run out of gas as I loathe paying what they want for petrol.

12 hours ago, Bluesman said:

I can go to 75 liters in my doughnut tank. I wont allow it to run out of gas as I loathe paying what they want for petrol.

It usually runs out on the road to Hailsham where I fill up, and often will get me to the garage if I switch back to gas and use gentle throttle for the remaining couple of miles.

My tank is 80L I think, so 64L is the recommended 80%, which is close enough for me.

• Like 1

My last LPG car used to make a certain low noise a bit like a toy machine gun when the tank became full.  My present car doesn't have this handy gizmo so I can only go by the pump speed slowing down drastically to tell when the car is full of gas.

2 minutes ago, piasek said:

Same question here. Do you know what is the size of the tank?

I will have to go into the paper work to find the original Invoice and I will post it on the thread when I have found it, I have a feeling its around 84liters. Mike.

28 minutes ago, piasek said:

Thanks a lot. I'm keeps asking as when I queried few installers in Poland they where saing that biggest tank in spare wheel area would be 72 liter tank which will give me about 60 liters of LPG.

The tank I have sticks up about 3" above the boot floor but that doesn't bother me, so if you want a level floor you would take the 72 liter tank. Mike.

Just been to check capacity of mine, and it's not 80L, but 68L.

I do recall being asked whether I wanted a raised boot floor, and saying no.

I think, given my time again, I'd probably go for a bigger tank, and put up with the slightly smaller boot space.

All depends on individual needs I guess.

5 minutes ago, piasek said:

I still need boot space for family holidays, anything close to usable 75 liters would suite me.

The problem is, if you carry a spare wheel, which obviously can no longer live in it's proper place, there's very limited boot space.

I try to keep mine in the boot, but occasionally travel without if I need the luggage space.

.....  in all the Breakdown stuff I have read ( Nationwide Flex Plus and RAC ) it says you have to have a serviceable spare to be assisted in this way

they don't say they will offer to go buy / find you one in an emergency

Malc

18 minutes ago, Malc said:

.....  in all the Breakdown stuff I have read ( Nationwide Flex Plus and RAC ) it says you have to have a serviceable spare to be assisted in this way

they don't say they will offer to go buy / find you one in an emergency

Malc

But many cars come from the factory with no spare, just a repair kit, and have done for many years.

Even the space saver wheels have limited speed and range, and frankly, aren't very safe imo.

I think there might be a case for carrying a repair kit, if only to satisfy RAC etc, but they are also risky if the tyre has suffered damage whilst running flat.

Guess the only answer is to ask the company that you're with, before having to call them out.

.......  doesn't actually say how much it costs but intimates there is a cost as says you can pay for it at the roadside with the patrol guy !

Malc

When I had my W140 on gas I used to always take the spare wheel to France.  When and if I eventually get the Lexus on gas I've been thinking to just carry a spare new tyre. Less weight but perhaps crucial for a really bad blow out situation.

I don't drive on old tyres but the issue is, could I actually put it on the wheel if necessity called for it? Anyone put on a car tyre?  Recall seeing a vutube thing about exploding it on with a gas cannister or something. Looked highly dangerous and anyway could I get the old one off without damage? Presume need carry a pot of pva to put on the rim to assist and as sealant