Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lpg Conversion Pics By Profess On My Mark 4

Just thought I would post some pics of my conversion, Which is running purrfectly post-16507-0-60909100-1368958607_thumb.jpost-16507-0-15925400-1368958637_thumb.jpost-16507-0-73991100-1368958687_thumb.jpost-16507-0-31543200-1368958715_thumb.jpost-16507-0-20273700-1368958736_thumb.jpost-16507-0-88360100-1368958759_thumb.j

95 litre tank in boot spare wheel well

AC stag 300 premium ecu

OMVL 350bhp vapouriser

Hana injectors

vented filler point inside petrol flap (very neat)

Economy seems as good as the brc system I had on my last ls400 ( I don't drive as light footed on lpg as I did on petrol)

I am getting apx 35 mpg On my weekly commute & 47 mpg on the run equivalent.

Eugh, I hate companies who find it necessary to go and plaster their advertising all over your car.

I hope they asked they could do that.

Eugh, I hate companies who find it necessary to go and plaster their advertising all over your car.

I agree they should either rely on word of mouth OR their own advertising UNLESS of course they heavily discounted the price for the publicity :whistling:

that is a very nice looking professional job,im wondering whether to get lpg on mine i don't do alot of miles now ,but that sort of economy is good, i don't see me selling my car anytime soon,i believe 9000 miles is the break even point is that correct,my cars done 137000 miles so probadly worth doing still if i keep it for a few years,which i intend doing,ls400s spoil you for anything else.i did look at a 430 earlier in the year,but it was'nt any better or any worse really, so i did'nt bother,so i might get a quote from profess.absolute

luxury with economy seems the way to go

I agree they should either rely on word of mouth OR their own advertising UNLESS of course they heavily discounted the price for the publicity :whistling:

I was that impressed with the service I got, I asked to have the sticker on the back. They really are a top company & bunch of blokes to deal with.

• Like 1

that is a very nice looking professional job,im wondering whether to get lpg on mine i don't do alot of miles now ,but that sort of economy is good, i don't see me selling my car anytime soon,i believe 9000 miles is the break even point is that correct,my cars done 137000 miles so probadly worth doing still if i keep it for a few years,which i intend doing,ls400s spoil you for anything else.i did look at a 430 earlier in the year,but it was'nt any better or any worse really, so i did'nt bother,so i might get a quote from profess.absolute

Break even for me will be about 10 months or 10,000 miles, If I drove the same on gas as petrol it would be a bit earlier.

You have argued yourself into converting, get on and book it. Everybody convert to LPG. Mike

Regarding the filler position, I thought LPG filler points had to be lower than the tank the gas is stored in, so that in the event of a leak, the gas can exit under gravity?

Don't quite understand that

I thought LPG is heavier than air and will sink no matter what?

All filler positions are sealed. They vent out onto the road in the event of a leak, fire or if the tanks are placed under extreme pressures. Placing them on the roof of the vehicle is not illegal if the filler is completely sealed and vented (highly impractical).

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Leon

Profess LPG LTD.

Nice install and a very neat filler.

My filler is in the same place on my 430 and was questioned on here wether it complies or not.

Nice to see such a neat install

Do you have to screw in an adapter to your filling point to fill with gas?

Yes it has a thread on both ends 10mm to tank & the other end to accept European adaptors.

Do you have to screw in an adapter to your filling point to fill with gas?

Yes it has a thread on both ends 10mm to tank & the other end to accept European adaptors.

I use an adaptor when abroad and have no problems but I do see signs at petrol sations saying do not use an adaptor when filling with LPG - has anybody ever had a "Jobs worth" stop them filling up when using an adapter in the UK?

I like the neatness of the small filler port but would have to have around 10 spare adaptors in the glove box - for obvious reason (that usally rides in the passenger seat) :) I think it would be a little annoying to mess about screwing in the adapter when filling up but if you are happy great. I had a hole banged in the body along side the petrol filler cap for ease of operation - I see people with their fillers down at the bumper which seems a big pain (in the back) having to bend down that far to fill up - especially when getting fat and old :)

I liked the comment about the filler needing to be lower than the tank because LPG is heavier than air so it would be safer if there is a leak :) - petrol vapour is also heavier than air.

Bren

I am guilty as charged, it was me who said about adaptors being made illegal except for non European registered cars. It was going to be made law together with a host of other yes you cans and no you cant but like many things the law makers bit off more than they can chew. My guess is that should they bring these laws in it will be date sensitive which will mean those that have already been converted in that way will be allowed to stay that way. Obviously not enough money in it for our den of theives known as they House of Commons/Lords. Mike

I use an adapter and there are signs at most filling stations saying its not recommended but have never been stopped useing one even when the attendants have come out due to a problem with the pump in over a year

I use an adapter and there are signs at most filling stations saying its not recommended but have never been stopped useing one even when the attendants have come out due to a problem with the pump in over a year

They arent bothered all they are after is money. Mike

When you go abroad they have the adaptors in the stations for you to use ( I Can't see a problem with it ) home made adaptors to fill gas bottles is a no no though.

• 2 years later...

looks really good to me, tempted to get mine done if i move house as it will become a daily driver, how much was the conversion if you dont mind me asking. 

Profess still owned by Mr. Andrzej Wojcicki. Sadly Andrew is a guest of Her Majesty Hotels Group and even I have to admit that his wife is useless at talking to her fellow human beings and she has no business sense what so ever that said they still have the same skilled workforce and I know of two installs they in the last 12 months that were done without any dramas and are running without any problem. Andrew should be back at the helm Feb/March next year.

Andrews wifes biggest problem is that she just doesn't understand English at all, the staff are afraid of her so they are nervous as to give her any direction. Her personality is typical of an eastern European women and does not posses the communication skills that you would expect from a western European.

They are hot on just who gets free service for life and it is subject to you making sure you get the LPG serviced once a year, this can either be done by going there or using your lap top and lugging into the LPG computer. Its very rare that anything needs doing other than tech adjustments which they can do over the internet. Any filter are popped in the post and you can change them yourself.

You do need to keep a record of visits either in person or over the internet and then there can be no arguments as to service record.

All will be back to normal when Andrew eventually gets back.

Anyone can write feedback on any one in Google it does not have to be true. There is a lot of back biting in the LPG industry where they leave spurious feedback on their competitors so don't believe everything that is said.

Hurry back Andrew we need you. Mike.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, piasek said:

So by what you say, all you need at the moment if going to Profess is a Polish interpreter. Good to know that the owner will be back soon as I have to say that I was looking at some of their conversions and they look very tidy. Good to know that they do calibration over the internet as I wouldn't fancy over 250 mile return journey just to service lpg. I'm suprised that they didn't hire someone who can speak English for the time that Andrzej is "on holiday".

Trouble is you would need someone who could also translate into her mother tongue and translators cost a lot of money. There is also translating technical language into the mother tongue as well, that can be a nightmare. We just have to be patient. Their installs are 2nd to none and I wouldn't go anywhere else.  Mike.