#1 james250

james250

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Lexus: IS250

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

After months of random power lag issues, i finally got the check engine light. It reads: P2714 - Pressure Control Solenoid "D" Performance/Stuck off

On my most recent Lexus service, the dealers picked up on a potential leak on the output seal of the transmission. They said it was damp and showed signs of leakage but wasnt actually leaking and advised to replace soon. I know this solenoid has something to do with transmission and wondering if it's related.

Anyone have any ideas what this is or had this problem? I think this one needs to go into the dealers then.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 sendz

sendz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Name: Carl
  • Lexus: IS250 F-Sport & RX400h
  • Year: 2010

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:21 PM

There is a dealer remap to cure this issue.

#3 james250

james250

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Lexus: IS250

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:06 PM

i had the transmission pan removed and drained. solenoid D was replaced because it was reading incorrect resistance value. new pan gasket and transmission oil fitted. Car seems to be all good now for almost 2 weeks. however, i've now noticed that the car seems to stay on lower gears for longer just like i am driving in Power ECT mode, feels good but not sure if this is something to worry about as i dont remember the car staying in lower gears for that long before.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have