Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dashboard Lights Flickering And Malfunctioning, Help? [Images]

MajorT

Hello all!

Hopefully I can get some help here.

I bought myself and IS200 a couple of months ago, and it came with the original orange/red dashboard lights installed. First they worked fine, but then one of them died and did not work anymore. I tried the standard way of hitting the dashboard from the side and then it would flicker some, and in some cases start to work again. When it had started to work again for a while, it died again and did not work anymore.

I then decided to switch all of the light bulbs inside the dashboard to blue ones. Said and done, I removed the dashboard and installed the new blue light bulbs where the old ones had been.
First it worked OK and there were no problems. A couple of days later the same bulb that died first when I bought the car died again. I switched bulb again, and the same thing happened again.
Later the bulb on the opposite side died, and now one of the bulbs on the top are flickering.

Does anybody have any idea what the problem might be?

I have nicked some photos online to illustrate the problem:

hx0rup.jpg

The red one to the bottom left is the one that died first when I bought the car, and also died twice when I switched to blue bulbs. The yellow one to the bottom right must also have died I believe, since trip meter doesn't light up very well. The yellow top one is flickering right now.

9zuas4.jpg

This is the back, of course. The red circle is the one that died when I bought the car, and which I have replaced with blue bulbs twice, and still is dead. The yellow one to the right is the one I believe also have died since the trip meter doesn't light up very well. The top yellow one is the one flickering right now.

Any suggestions or ideas of what might be wrong or how to fix it is much appreciated!

Best regards,

MajorT

Have a twist off your rheostat too in case its got dust in it. LEDs are much more responsive to sudden voltage changes than filament bulbs.

Ok, I'll give it a try! Though I'm not certain where it's located, haha :innocent:

Edit: Realized it's the adjustable knob. I've been trying out different settings for that one as well, with the same result. Getting reeeeal tired of this sh*t.