Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1993 Lexus Ls 400 With 175000 Miles(Good Purchase?)2300!

Hello,

Thinking about purchasing a 1993 lexus ls 400 with 175000 miles. 2 owners no accidents. The owner just replaced power steering pump and O2 sensor from lexus. Is it a good buy..The only thing wrong is the heater and A/C temperature or digital clock wont display. A/C and heat works..Had it checked thorough lexus. Should I purchase for 2300.

Hi Adrianne £2300 is way to much money for the year & miles.If the car was in absolute mint condition £1300 would be more like it.

Check autotrader & eBay you will find you could pick up a low mileage mark4 for around the same money.

Some members on here have cars for sale also. I am sure they will message you soon with the details.

Concur, way way toooooooo expensive, especially as it's not " all there " I'd have thought max £1k if otherwise pristine

Malc

Hi Adrianne £2300 is way to much money for the year & miles.If the car was in absolute mint condition £1300 would be more like it.

Check autotrader & ebay you will find you could pick up a low mileage mark4 for around the same money.

Some members on here have cars for sale also. I am sure they will message you soon with the details.

Hi Mark and welcome to the LOC. As you can see we are a friendly bunch. I have to agree with the 2 replies you have already recieved. Good luck with your search for what is without argument the finest luxuary car in the universe. Mike

that is too much for car with that year & milage,maybe if absolutely pristine,very low mileage, i bought a 1994 last year, with 6mths tax for £675 or thereabouts last year,with the same fault bit more mileage,like the other guys said you can get a mk 4 for that,in fact my mk4 was was purchased for a thousand less than that. i know i was in right place at right time etc, but the bargains are out there, quite a few good cars out there for sale on eBay autotrader good luck ray

From my personal experience with my earlier 1992 J reg one:

The added issues with a LS400 with that age and mileage is that it is coming up to maybe it's 3rd cambelt change, the alternator often passes on at 160,000 ( especially if the pas pump has been leaking onto it ) and the front wishbones about the same.

Maybe all this has recently been done, if not.................................You could be looking at spending the best part of £1k - 1500 or more, if done with a competent mechanic, lots lots more if done at Lexus to sort out the above points.

Malc

I should mention ( sorry I forgot ) that the above expenditure won't add one jot of cash value to the car ...... £1k max in pristine nick !

Malc

Welcome I lke the others suggest its too much money. However forget the mileage when choosing an LS its irrelevent. The thing to look at is the condition, has it been well looked after, & the only way your going to find that out is to go & look at it in person. Also you could invite a local LOC member to accompany you

I'm talking in terms of us dollars 2300

Ah!!! So where are you based here or the States? It is noticeable that prices in the States are alot higher than here. Mike

Very amusing this thread with the slight USA-UK confusion, petrol-gas,muffler-exhaust, Norfolk in that flat east coast area of the UK- Norfolk Virginia in the USA.

2300 Euros sounds a good price to me. :D

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links