omeo

Is200 Power Steering Fluid

Hi Guys this may be a stupid question, but I need to top up my power steering fluid for my is200 manual gear box.

I went to halfords and they checked on the system and said it that PSF was recommended for my car but the manual i think is saying to use ATF 2/3.

Which is the correct fluid I need to top up my power steering, thanks???

thanks for your answer, i will get it refunded. Is it ok to top up the power steering fluid already present or should i drain the power steering fluid out and replace it all??

no you can just top it up but if it needs topping up you will have a leak so best just to top it up and check for a leak also most power steering fluids and auto gearbox fluids are the same just look at the spec on the bottle normally red in colour

Omeo,its easy to drain the fluid by undoing the bolt on the pump,and then top up as normal .

Hi Guys,

Ive got a leek from the pipe at the front of the radiator, it looks like its actually leaking from one of the rubbery pipes.

I was thinking of using slick 50 power steering repair fluid, anybody got any comments on that ?

cc

Hi Guys,

Ive got a leek from the pipe at the front of the radiator, it looks like its actually leaking from one of the rubbery pipes.

I was thinking of using slick 50 power steering repair fluid, anybody got any comments on that ?

cc

I would fix it properly

This is a first for me, but I'm going to have to change my steering fluid. I see the IS200 isDetron 2 or 3, but does anyone know how much I'll need for a complete change? thanks folks

is there any diys for this task