Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Greetings all, I am now the proud owner of a 1994 LS400 (with 1 year warranty) and have to admit that it is an unbelievable vehicle, and I just had some questions regarding my new purchase.

Firstly, my drivers seat tends to 'twist' in which only the right hand side of the seat reclines whilst the left hand side remains fixed in an upright position. I have read the previous treads regarding this but gathered that I could only check the internals of the seat, so I was just wondering if someone has experienced and/or had this issue fixed previously and would be able to provide me with the diagnoses for the problem (Den how did you fix yours)?

Secondly, My LS came with the 'pioneer' premium stereo (which is adequate but is no Nakamichi), however the sub was missing and I was wondering how difficult it would be to install a aftermarket 8in Sub with a 2 or 5 (5 is for speakers as well) channel amp?

I would also just like to add that your forum was extermely helpful in making my final decision, keep up the great work fellas. :D

I actually purchased the car from a Toyota Dealer and I am still waiting on the warranty details, but it is an all states toyota/lexus dealership warranty (I have a problem with the headlights going to highbeam occassionally particularly after bumps or corners, but that is definately covered). Also, the dealership I purchased it from were pretty good and fixed all problems and also had the car professionally inspected about a month ago. The problem actually only emerged when I collected the car.

• 2 weeks later...

HI - Yes my LS400 had the seat problem you describe. I cured it by taking the hinge units out of the seat and removing the connecting tube. Inside the tube are ridges that wear. My answer was to cut the tube in half and use the newly cut ends on the hinge parts. The tube was rejoined by sliding a close fitting tube over the two original sections and pinning it (screws,rivets or works best for you!). It pays to cover your joints with tape to protect the seat foam/leather. I did the repair myself as I knew that I could fix it properly unlike the Lexus dealerships who dont really inspire confidence by doing a good job on my car any more!

Thanks for the info mate, I recently had the car checked out by a local Toyota dealer as it was still under warranty (I actually purchased the car from another Toyota dealer 200km away - the things you do for a lexus), but was then referred to the original dealer as the highbeam/light switch needed replacing (au$780) and the seat was quoted as being an unbelievable (au$3500!!!) as the backing of the seat apparenty needed replacing (even though the mechanic stated that it was an issue with the hinges). Hopefully I can get these issues fixed hassel free and continue to enjoy the 'lexus experience'. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have just got the car back from the dealer and all issues were fixed without hassell. The car is running great at the moment and it is nice to be able to recline back and enjoy the 'experience'. Thanks for your help anyway guys. :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links