Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Battery Size And Power - Need A New One

Was that Lexus? I hate the way the garage trade quotes less VAT and I’d go as so far as to say that should be an illegal practice as it is deception.

You have the right to cancel.

My 400 took a L2880-YZZJC for £88.80 all in from Lexus in 2015.

I changed the Battery on my ls400 last week, purchased from Lexus Stockport for 82+vat so that' 98.40 all in,  I rang and they had it in stock so picked it up the same day, date stamped as of September 2017 so it hasn't been sat around for too long. Didn' bother trying anywhere else having researched before hand that other brands had the terminals the wrong way round or were the wrong size. 

• Like 1

Forgive me if you’ve read this before...I bought a good value battery: cheaper not premium for wife’s Jag. After 6 months there was a slow drain meaning Battery flattened over time. Now Jags are legendary here as a component fails to go to sleep sucking out the charge. X2 garage visits, no cure. 

Telephone call with a local auto electrician...yes it’s the Lion Battery I’ve had lots of trouble and I’m not charging you to come out until you’ve replaced it first.

The reputable dealer swopped it without quibble and I paid an excess to get a quality brand. All about holding that charge.

Sorted. No issues at all.

£100 is ok as some are 130 +/-

• 1 year later...

I just thought I'd update this as the Battery threads are a couple of years old now.

Needing a new Battery at the weekend I read some of the threads as I was going to go with this one:

YUASA 335 3000 SERIES CAR Battery - 4 YEAR WARRANTY - £90 from GSF

Called Lexus Reading, retail £126, but quoted £88 so I went with that.

I replaced mine at Lexus / Toyota earlier this year and they supplied the correct Battery for the Mk3 ......  it actually fits the tray properly ...  most other makes just will not

Malc

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links