Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So today my car clocked up 100,000 miles

null_zps694df2f4.jpg

Now I don't normally keep cars much longer after they hit 100k but I think it's gonna be different with the lex. I think it's still got plenty of life left in it yet.

I bought the car with 84,000 miles on it and it's fair to say I've had a few probs! :whistling:

But I honestly can't think of anything else I'd rather own (within my budget) right now so I have no plans on getting rid of it.

In fact, the car is in a lot better condition now at 100k than it was at 84k when I bought it.

As I've been told by a few people, it's only just run in! Lol... Also with regular maintenance and servicing I think these engines will go past 200k easily!

I don't really ever see me parting with the lex and I think I'll keep it until it does die even if I do buy another car in the meantime :)

Here's to the next 100k :driving:

When I was looking for my Sportcross I was amazed at how many 100-150k cars still out there Ok so that was 3.0 engines but no reason to assume the 2.0 won't do the same.

• Like 1

I just past 100k too, running fine.

Glad to see your attitude is slightly more positive thana month or so ago :)

But understand where your coming from... All I did was change to oil in my focus and nothing else spent but sinse ive had the lex it seeems im constantly ploughing money into it. Im hoping now ive done major service cambelt etc wont have to touch it for another 10k but we'll see

bought mine 104 and now at 119K and only things I have had to replace besides the usual brakes , tyres, fluid changes which every car goes through at some point is rear silencer and control arms. its still quick and does not hesitate to reach its top speed every now and again :shutit: ..Besides wear and tear if you change anything which runs on fluids on these cars like engine oil, diff, gearbox oil, coolant, brake fluid every 10 -20K, they will do 300k easily. I have seen lots of IS200's and Lexus's in general on auto trader with over 200K on the clock with not a slight of rust on the body work and paint just a few stone chips here and there.

My old is200 before it was written off, I bought with 42,000 on the clock, 118,000 when it was murdered. Had it 8 years. No real problems at all in that time! Hence why I then bought the 300

Thanks for the replies. I wonder if I can get 200k from this car :lol:

And yes Pete, about a month ago I was ready to say goodbye to this car but I got it driving perfect again and when it's driving like this I don't want another car, it really is an awesome machine when everything is working properly :)

In regards to you not having to touch the focus it was the same with my Honda. I think the difference is that I couldn't have given a monkeys if I drove the Honda down the road and it blew up.... The thought of the lex blowing up saddens/scares me! :lol:

5 years owned previous IS200 auto had 193k

same engine and gearbox

never needed oil or coolant top up

unfortunately got write off so got another with low miles

its a 300k car I would say. great for a 2.0 litre slug

superb reliability car :yahoo:

Well I just turned the car on and off 3 times and the lights have gone out. That means its not throwing up the fault as a current fault and is stored as history. Yes I've got a code reader so I'll hook it up tomorrow to find out what made the lights come on in the first place.

100k is nothing.. i bought mine with 174k on it and because of the service history that came with it i was not concerned, i think with regular oil and filter changes i can see it going well over 200k and even with the milage on it now it still pulls strong especially in midrange ie 4th to 5th puts me back in the seat, so happy days

My IS200 has done 125k and had it checked over for 3 hours by my personal mechanic who's honest and very close to me, he said I wouldn't be surprised if this motor runs past that 200k barrier as long as shes well looked after :D

The main thing is to service it regularly. Mines done 134,000! On the weekend I took my mate out for a drive (a die hard BMW fanatic) and all he could say was "Why is the engine so quiet!".

Its goign to be hard to find an equivilent car to replace it and Im sure many of you will agree!

I love how quiet it is. I can quite happily drive around town in silence if i change before 3000rpm and find i still have enough power low down. Find the car livens up when you start touching 4000rpm with a nice engine note to boot

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links