Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ah right I see what you mean now... you are able to maintain 30-35mph at 6th without issues.

I thought you meant that if you were to put your foot down at that moment, the car actually pulls away (accelerates) without hesitating.

Sorry my bad :blush:

IS200SE (auto) owned since new, now 139,000 miles. 32-3 mpg average, oil consumption nil, all-round performance as good as when new. Bodywork bottle-tight, no squeaks, rattles or leaks, everything works except (2nd) DVD player - original replaced under warranty, so only item not up to usual Lexus standard. Paintwork still sound, despite the odd chip & scratch to be expected on a 13-year old.

Only problem area was brakes. Original discs were lumpy in action and calipers prone to seizure, but all sorted and braking performance now excellent. All servicing etc by main agent (Lexus Swindon) - not the cheapest deal in town, but of a high standard.

Items replaced, other than normal wear & tear and those as per maintenance schedule:

Water Pump

brake discs (full set)

Calipers (two)

Wheel bearing (front offside)

Rear lamp bulb (one)

Think I'll be keeping it for a while yet!

Well done on the 100k Chris!

Mine was on 98 or summit when I sold it and still felt good.

Cars are doing miles easier now compared to before though. I had a Rover (yes) 400 on a P plate and I sold it at 178k. Last BMW ended at 353k.

Got 51k on my current thing. Never seen that on any of my private owned cars :eerrrmm:

• 4 weeks later...

Got 180k on my IS200 SE Auto now. Bought it as an ex-demo (6 months old) in Feb 2001 with 4k. Looks good (from a distance), closer inspection shows all the stone chips, car park dings and vandal damage!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links