Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Access To Replace Number Plate Screw/bolt

HI all,

Hoping someone can help me out here. Noticed the other day that one of the screws that holds my front number plate on has worked itself loose, so the plate is now hanging off just one screw.

Bought replacement screws and assumed it would be an extremely simple job, but the seems to be no way to access behind the plate to hold the nut in place that screws onto the bolt from the other side.

Any ideas?! It's a 2003 IS200.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,

Will

If the nut has failed behind the bumper it would mean the bumper off to replace, get your self some double sided sticky pads and refit the plate using these, no bumper drilling for another screw and it looks neater.

Just make sure you clean the contact areas with isopropyl alcohol and dry before fitting the pads

If the nut has failed behind the bumper it would mean the bumper off to replace, get your self some double sided sticky pads and refit the plate using these, no bumper drilling for another screw and it looks neater.

Just make sure you clean the contact areas with isopropyl alcohol and dry before fitting the pads

Oh right, so there should be a fixed nut behind the bumper and therefore no easy access. Gotcha. In which case sticky pads seem like the way forward. I'll do that - thanks very much for your help, much appreciated!

They are not usually nuts as standard, they are the spring clips for self tapping screws. they slide on the black plastic number plate mount through 2 square holes.

these sort of clips

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-5-x-SPEEDCLIPS-U-SPIRE-CLIP-CLIPS-NUTS-NO-10-SCREW-SF7-BLACK-FINISH-/290844113538?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43b7a8fa82