Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

When I was looking for an LS400 to buy, I always fancied the DHP version because with big wheels filling their arches, they sat really well on the road. Normal wheels and tyres always seemed second best but I was prepared to bite the bullet. However, the LS400 I eventually bought (the blue one below) had normal wheels that still managed to fill the arches. Is it simply a case of higher or lower profile tyres (though the profiles below don't look that different) or does worn suspension come into it somewhere?

post-46829-0-57238100-1371395773_thumb.j

post-46829-0-71681400-1371395820_thumb.j

It's my first go at adding pics. I hope it works :excl:

Thank you for your pictures and feedback so far. The pictures tend to confirm my view that standard LS400 wheels and tyres can make the car look as though it is on tiptoes whereas the DHP wheels (and mine for some unknown reason) make it look more glued to the road, no disrespect intended to the fine (and much cleaner) examples on display.

the DHP was a £3000.00 extra when new,car sits closer to the road due to different springs,thicker anti sway bar on the back,the ride was slightly firmer,but only compared to another lexus,my lexus has the DHP and very pleased with the handling,255/45/17 tyres

Here is mine on 18" SC430 wheels

null_zpsd96bbe27.jpg

null_zps81b84013.jpg

15mm spacers on the front, need some 25mm spacers for the rear to make it look a little better

Great picture location. Mike