Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hid Warning Light

Hi lads.. I just bought an 04 is200 se limited edition. The light for the self levelers came on. This is for the HID dipped beam lights. Can anyone tell me more about this??

Cheers conor

By the way, the levellers are working. When i turn on my car the lights adjust. They also seem the adjust alot when driving. Is this normal?? To be driving down the road and the lights moving up an down??

No, they shouldn't be going up and down all the time while driving. There are two height sensors, one on the front suspension, one on the rear, so that it can work out what level to aim the lights. Sounds like one of your sensors is shot (they can rust up and eventually give out).

Its the sensor on the front nearside.

jack up and take the front wheel off, you'll see the box, its held on with standrd cross head screws.

Remove the cover, disconnect the rod that attaches to the box, disconnect the connector to the box and remove.

Take it inside and remove the 4 screws that hold the lid on- dont shake it about as there are 3 gold springs inside it- there 'should' be some corrosion on 1 or all of the springs.

Remove the corrosion with fine sandpaper- gently- dont break, or stretch them!

Check the inside where the spring sits and clean out with some contact cleaner.

Reassemble (dont over do it when you put the lid of the box back on), and all should be working again...

Did it on my IS300 a couple of times.

J

They do constantly adjust as you drive, that's normal, mine do it as a direct result of logical movement

a mate of mine had one too and his went faulty, the motors self levelled on ignition but then just raised so they aimed high, never did find out if he got them sorted

They do constantly adjust as you drive, that's normal, mine do it as a direct result of logical

Yes, i agree that technically they would, but not to the extent that you should notice them constantly moving up and down. They are designed to level based on if you have weight distribution between back/front, i.e. passengers or a trailer for instance, going over bumps isn't a long enough height change for them to keep up or constantly react, so seeing them "adjusting a lot" as you are driving along should be a sign of problems.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links