Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Been Hit Need A New Boot Lid

Today I parked my car outside a clients house in a quiet residential area. When I came back I found a nasty dent in the boot lid plus a scuff on the top of the rear bumper. No one left a contact number or insurance detail, literally nothing.

I've taken it to a body shop and they said I'm going to need a replacement boot lid. The bumper they can sort out but will cost £150, it will also be another £150 to respray the replacement boot lid if its not the same colour.

GRRRRRR

I've had a look around eBay and they seem to vary in price a bit. My IS200 is a 2002 SE model will any boot lid fit or were there any variations over the time of production?

I have always wanted a spoiler on the back so the only silver lining would be getting hold of a boot lid from one of the sport models, if of course that would be possible.

Here's a picture of the dent, I've touched up the exposed metal since so does not look as bad as it did:

DENT.JPG

OMG i would be sooo mad when i first saw that after parking it. so sorry about it. some people amaze me

however the biggest issue is getting the bumper sorted as swapping the boot lid is a piece of cake and a normally dont sell for much. I bought a ford focus with a similar dent in the boot and i just swapped it from a breakers yard. the biggest job is cutting the looms and re-connecting them all up. dont forget to switch the locks too before you give your old one to the any old iron men lol

Had a quick look and quite a few IS200 in your colour been broken for parts, just get on the phone for a quote. when you collect offer them less and they will accept 9/10

As far as i know all model year IS200 S, SE, Sports and IS300's all had identical body panels/parts

yeah not a bad price that one but I would also need a boot handle as mines cracked plus the left number plate light is gone. Gonna hold out for a more complete lid and with spoiler if possible. Had a chance to call a few guys on eBay yesterday but most have gone already.

I'll give it another week of being picky and if nothing turns up I'll settle for bog standard and just get it done. I'm still proper mad about it, just wish i knew who the bugger was who hit it.

Yeah saw that one too, but he had already sold the spoiler from it.

Though I have now managed to get hold of a boot lid with the same spoiler as that green one. It's a genuine spoiler and has a couiple of wires hanging off it for the break light. Hopefully it will connect somewhere on the loom, guess not hard to mod if not.

Its silver colour and a bit tatty but the guy at the body shop said they can get it looking good as new. So I guess in a few days they'll have it painted and ready to fit. Ill upload some picutres once its done.