Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Brakes Are Like Clicking ?

jamesey

I got this clicking to. It is diagnosed as the slide pins needing a re grease however I did mine when I refurbed my calipers a month ago and I still get it from time to time. Might take them apart again make sure they are ok

What click does the ABS make and when does/should it make it?

The click I get is when I apply the brakes at very slow speeds either stopping to reverse into somewhere or moving in traffic.

Mine is something definitely with the drivers caliper.when pulling up to stop .im talking less than 1 mph.

a single click, more like a clonk? Normally the slider pins starting to corrode, they clonk as they suddenly move rather than moving freely. But it could also be the pads moving within the callipers, or your wheel nuts are very loose.

I have a very similar noise I believe, Sounds like something clicking into place, or in and out of place, usually when I pull up to the gate at work. So we're talking about 10mph down to zero car stopped it just clicks once or twice from the front end wheel area. Only seems to do it at the end of a journey, once the car (and therefore brakes/steering components) are warm.

Bugged me for a while, had my brakes and discs changed and watched everything being greased up as it was reassembled. Will get the front end up in the air next week when I have time and check the drivers side calipers etc for anything and report back.

Mine is something definitely with the drivers caliper.when pulling up to stop .im talking less than 1 mph.

a single click, more like a clonk? Normally the slider pins starting to corrode, they clonk as they suddenly move rather than moving freely. But it could also be the pads moving within the callipers, or your wheel nuts are very loose.

this makes sence when i took my calipers off the pin that holds them all in was a bit rusty ,pitted , can i buy these alone?

I have a very similar noise I believe, Sounds like something clicking into place, or in and out of place, usually when I pull up to the gate at work. So we're talking about 10mph down to zero car stopped it just clicks once or twice from the front end wheel area. Only seems to do it at the end of a journey, once the car (and therefore brakes/steering components) are warm.

Bugged me for a while, had my brakes and discs changed and watched everything being greased up as it was reassembled. Will get the front end up in the air next week when I have time and check the drivers side calipers etc for anything and report back.

simular to mine but just when i come to stop.

Yes caliper pins are available from Lexus, priced around £10.00 each,some also have little rubber rings on them which also deteriorate but again available from the dealers.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links