Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Paint/nail Varnish On Leather

Can anyone how to advise how to get a paint or nail varnish mark off leather trim without damaging the leather.

Views appreciated

Chris

Have you looked at this? Although I would seriously think of having a professional look at it.

http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Nail-Polish-From-Leather

Many thanks

Its a tricky one and am not sure if its paint or nail varnish although I think it is probably paint when a panel has been touched up by previous owner.

Thanks again for your reply and the link.

Best regards

Chris

The Paint stain was on the car when I bought it have only had the car a week or so.Suspect it has been on for quite some time.

Itmis only a very small stain but I would like to try and fix it. Can see the bonnet and bumper has been sprayed which for a 2005 car is not surprising so think it is paint rather than original though of nail varnish.

Thanks again for replies.

Chris

If your leather is black and the paint is overspray, as opposed to spots, and a lighter colour, maybe some shoe/leather polish and copious amounts of elbow grease may disguise it and make it less noticeable. Over time the paint may even absorb the polish to a certain degree and the marks may disappear.

However, if your leather is a light colour and the paint a dark colour, you probably won't be able to remove it without professional help.

Hi Chris if its over spray go to your local decorating merchants and get some wonder wipes they are like hand wipes but for getting oil based paints off your hands I've have used them to get red paint off my leather seats which where a light colour I suggest you do a test patch some where out of the way and decide if its for you ,when finished I wiped the area with a soapy rag and conditioned the leather.

Thanks to all for advice. Couldnt find any wonder wipes locally so thought i'd bite the bullet and try and get the mark of.

Had some Auto Glym trim and stain cleaner in the Garage. Dabbed it on clean car polishing cloth and after half an hours careful work it came off. Have used leather cleaner on the whole panel and then fed the clean surface with Autoglym leather cream.

Result panel looks like new.

All the best

Chris

• 1 month later...