andrewtayloruk

Beloved 2004 Is200 Le Auto

I'm moving house and I need to sell my car.

I've owned this since buying it on here in 2010. It's always been a second car and has been garaged for most of my time owning it.

It's 2004 / 04 LE Automatic Kodiak sky. 54100 miles, full service history, I've always had it serviced at Lexus Teeside, the previous owner has a couple of non-Lexus stamps in the book.

I've maintained it without concern for expense, when I got a stone chip in the window I had the glass replaced at Lexus with an OE screen. That's how much I love this car, my insurance wouldn't cover it so I paid the full amount myself!

It's recently had 4 new Falken 452s and a 4 wheel alignment done. It's also got a new Bosch battery. The Disks and Pads have been done (I think about 4000 miles ago, I can't find the receipt). I've also had the HID sensor replaced and 4 alloys have been refurb'd (one has a new scuff which is quite bad up close, but hard to spot)

It's totally standard except for the addition of a Grom Audio iPod kit.

Standard LE spec includes:

Full leather

Electric heated seats

Electric windows / sunroof

Climate control

It has the usual stone chips commensurate with age and there's a little bit of paint needed on the front bumper (see photos).

I've never had any problems with it aside from the HID sensor getting damaged in the bad floods we had (this is pretty common but replaced with OE parts by Lexus Teeside). All it's ever needed is tyres, pads and an annual service.

MOT / Service / Tax is due September.

I don't need to wax lyrical about how good these cars are, it's awesome to drive, I'm only selling because I need to move house and it's a second car so has to go. Engine doesn't feel like it's got 15K on it, never mind 50+K.

£3000.

Andrew

Album of photos: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5zyktl8jpv88k7q/-oJtO7Cl34

I'm an LS bloke. Yours looks great & a bargain at £3K good luck with the sale Will we see you again on LOC?

Lovely car, wish you best of luck with the sale, don't think it will be around for long at 3k.

Thanks very much; it's a lovely car but that's partly why I'm selling. I haven't got the room to garage it at the moment as I'm currently living with my parents whilst we find a house, I've parked it in the staff car park so I'm not really going to be able to drive it much this summer and I don't run it in the winter. For 3K I could just run it in to the ground but it deserves more than that; there's oodles of life left in it yet and it's in too good nick to be a cheap run-around.

Thanks again, I hope I get a bite. I think it's a fair ask at 3K.

I'm currently running an Avensis estate as a daily driver as I have a hairy dog that was never allowed in the IS. I'll be back to Lexus as soon as I can get a second car or I can afford to run an RX. If they come out with a Hybrid IS sportcross I'd be all over that as I really need the space for the dog in my primary cary. I used to have an awful 220d so I won't be bitten by the Lexus diesel mistake again :)

Andrew