Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyres

lexus22

I don't hate the 17s just the fact that the 5 spoke corrode so bad and then makes the car look tatty so I just went all out got 5 aero alloys and I never scrimp on safety so for me I put on Michelin pilot sport 3 were not to bad a price but I had to get 2 of my aeros straighten but all good just a bit of vibration under braking but I can live with that.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the noise rating is external drive-past noise. Yes, that is totally useless.

Similarly the wet rating is straight line stopping distance and the fuel gains for an A rated economy tyre are miniscule.

Personally I'm running Yokohama Bluearth AE-50s on mine :

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Yokohama/BluEarth-AE50.htm

Not bad so far. Only done about 2000 miles on them. Pleasantly grippy in the wet and a tad softer than the Pirelli's it came with which actually improved it a bit down b-roads.

• 4 weeks later...

Well iv'e done around 20k on the Vreds and apart from being annoyingly noisy on some road surfaces, have been a superb tyre in both wet and dry conditions. The tyres still have loads of tread left but have recently started to follow certain road deviations for some reason, what causes this?