Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ES300 Computer Chip

georgemichaluk

Hello

I only found this site today so perhaps have placed a message in wrong spot, however, here goes.

I have an ES300 (local purchase) and the computer chip that sits behind the stereo in the centre console is on the blink. It prevents the keyless opening of my boot and cigar lighter from operating. Am told that it is around $1000 to buy. Would anyone know any helpful info regarding this?

Also, I am thinking of looking for a twin turbo GS300. Any clues where to go in Melbourne?

Cheers - George M

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

you won't find a twin turbo GS300, only the Toyota Aristo comes as a twin turbo version. but heck, in a series II, why wouldn't the 166kw in the standard GS be enough? We import them from Singapore and they are awesome, great power, more bottom down power than an LS400, the V8 needs to be revved.

As for other comments of GS being slower than a ES, I can't fathom that, maybe UK GS300 are detuned, cos in NZ that is certainly not the case, atleast not in ones I have driven.

• 2 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links