Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Caliper Slide Pin Rubber Boot

Skoff

Hi all,

I have just used Tigerfish's superb instructions to change my front brake discs - Thank you once again for posting those guides, they are really helpful

During the process I found one of the slide pins to be seized up. I have managed to get it out with a liberal application of heat, but the rubber boot is not in a fit state to be used. I phoned my local dealer, and whilst they sell the pins for about £8 each, the rubber boot is only sold as part of the caliper, for £250.

I don't really want to spend £250 on a caliper just to get a £2 rubber boot, can anybody suggest a source for the boot on it's own, or an alternative that I could use?

Thanks!

Greg

I find that hard to believe, sounds like somebody who doesn't know how to use the EPC tool. I purchased one the other day for my RX. It was a stupid amount, around £12, for something that costs 10p to manufacture but better than £250!

What year is your vehicle?

It is a 2001 GS300, I need the front offside.

I haven't had a good look at the pin yet as it is currently cooling off, but I'm assuming that it can be cleaned up.

I'd be fine about paying £12, but I draw the line at £250!

Thanks for that info, I have found a caliper repair kit on that auction site that seems to include the boot, plus the little rubber bush that goes around the end of the pin, only £13, so worth a punt. If I don't get any joy with that I will give Lexus a call with the part number.

Thank you for your help chaps, such a great owners community here!

Try part # 47775-30070 called boot, on the parts list as a seperate part.

The little rubber bush on the end of the pin is part # 47769-50010 also shown as available seperately

Check these as the upper and lower bush are different on my LS

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links